Sean Reinert

Sean Reinert is one of my favourite drummers of all time, I love how he blends so many different styles together so seamlessly. I much prefere Focus and Cynic's early demo's to the new album though, there's something a bit too easy listening/poppy about the new one that stops me from liking it too much.

Sean Reinert is one of my favourite drummers of all time, I love how he blends so many different styles together so seamlessly. I much prefere Focus and Cynic's early demo's to the new album though, there's something a bit too easy listening/poppy about the new one that stops me from liking it too much.

Just saw them with Opeth last night, one of the best gigs ive been to in 15 years.

You lucky bugger! I was gonna see them in london but the tickets sold out at a ridiculous rate, I did see them when they first got back together a year ago though, they played at a little venue in camden, that was quite special! They stuck to tracks off focus for the most part. But yeah I bet that was an awesome gig man!

I first heard Sean on Death's album Human. Boy, did he play. Amazing work. So later i got my hands on Cynic. First album is soooo amazing. The other isn't that much but it's stil amazing. Sean is a great drummer. The guy melted metal and jazz and hho knows what else together. A legend.

Rock on

Just saw them with Opeth last night, one of the best gigs ive been to in 15 years.

Wow. I would have given up a limb or some other appendage to see that show. The best ticket I've ever seen was probably Sepultura/Helmet/Ministry, but Cynic+Opeth? Wow. I think he only thing that could top that would be Opeth+Tool.

Been a fan of Reinert since Death/Human and then Focus too. Probably the first drummer to ever make me really notice the instrument (I played guitar back then).

I saw Sean and Cynic open for Meshuggah last year. I was pretty close so I noticed that Sean plays his double bass 16th patterns with left foot lead uaually. And then he sometimes keeps his left foot on both the left double pedal and hi hat at the same time. This made for some interesting parts when he would hit the open hat. I had heard him before but this was the 1st time I had seen him. It definitely gave me some ideas to take home and practice. Although I'm right handed/footed so it was a challenge to change it up like that. Anybody else notice this when he plays?

Sean Reinert is a very creative and unique drummer. He's also extremely underrated, in my opinion. Most of my drummer friends have never heard of him, but were very impressed with his style and technicality.

Here's Sean's kit form Human era. I case anyone of you guys wondered how it looked. I find it pretty awesome. I like the addition of drum pads. To me, this is the best "Death" kit :)

Attachments

• 5855_1124455504137_1009591586_30300521_283853_n.jpg
    5855_1124455504137_1009591586_30300521_283853_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 7,057
Hey DD, thanks for that picture!

Where did you get that? Seems pretty rare...

Also, Sean usually used one more floor tom with Death and focus-era Cynic, right?

Hey DD, thanks for that picture!

Where did you get that? Seems pretty rare...

Also, Sean usually used one more floor tom with Death and focus-era Cynic, right?

No problem :)

He didn't use 2 floor toms with Death as far as I know from seeing Lack of comprehension video and live footage from YT. He did use 4 crashes instead. I like 4 more that 3 :(

Anyway, this kit is the bomb.

FUN FACT (not really but... ) Sean, Gene and Richard all used Pearl drums. Hahaha

I use that same Ludwig hihat stand. I'm thinking of purchasing it if I don't get my hands on Tama's Roadpro stand :/

You´re probably right DD. However, remember when Sean played with Aghora back in about 98-99? He answered questions on the Aghora forum about recording Human. He said he used a nine piece kit in the studio (4 toms, 2 floors).

Yeah, those Yamaha DTX pads are cool. I remember seeing footage from the recording of
Focus , where Sean used Dauz pads and a drumKAT instead.

That kit has to be a Pearl MLX in #114 Liquid Amber finish.

You´re probably right DD. However, remember when Sean played with Aghora back in about 98-99? He answered questions on the Aghora forum about recording Human. He said he used a nine piece kit in the studio (4 toms, 2 floors).

Yeah, those Yamaha DTX pads are cool. I remember seeing footage from the recording of
Focus , where Sean used Dauz pads and a drumKAT instead.

That kit has to be a Pearl MLX in #114 Liquid Amber finish.

Ooops, I didn't know that about recording Human. Thanks :)

These are Pearl BLX with Yamaha PT8 pads and drum module. Gosh, I love this kit mm mm mm

Back