Pearl Demon Drive double pedal worth the price and hype?

piperdoog

Silver Member
Ok people, are these the best pedals of all time?
I know get whatever suits your playing and all that, but what i want to know is from people who own them or have played them, are they worth the 600 plus to get them??????

Thanks

Last edited:
If you like direct drive pedals I think these are the finest. SPECIFICALLY I can detect no performance decline in the slave pedal.

I'd love to have one but I have too much gear and my IC and 9000 will just have to do...

I tried one and even the long board is way too short if you have large feet. Your toe hits the front of the mechanism when you go to raise your foot.

It is a good pedal and plays nicely, but I found it to be overpriced and built too lightly when compared to its competitors.

Axis pedals shine the brightest in the direct drive pedal world for playability, durability and price competitiveness. They are made in the US by Americans, and still they cost less than the Taiwanese made competitors. Nothing wrong with China, but quite frankly, I'd rather see my music-oriented monies stay in the US where I live so that my local music scene will benefit.

My .02.

There's literally like 50 other threads talking about these pedals, try checking those first.

-Jonathan

There's literally like 50 other threads talking about these pedals, try checking those first.

-Jonathan

True.

My cents:

Worth the hype? YES. I loved the first time my foot touched it.

Worth the price? eh.... I've still never bought one. Many other things I'd rather have for that amount of money.

In that case, I'll add 2 cents to the pool too.

Worth the hype? Probably not, but at the end of the day it's called marketing.....make of it what you will. I don't believe that Snickers "Really Satisfies" or that Coke "Is It" either. However, I'm partial to both.

Axis and Trick will have me believe that their pedals can stand up to re-entry from space. I'd argue that's marketing hype too.....doesn't change the fact that they're great pedals though.

Worth the price? Expensive, yes. But what price do you place on being comfortable and happy with your gear? In this drumming backwater that I live in, if you want something, you have to pay for it. I think 1100 Aussie dollars for a Black Beauty or A$1800 for a Brady snare is a rip too......yet they walk off the shelves. Some people spend more on a car than it would cost to buy a house....and still claim they've got great value for money. Value is determined by what someone is prepared to pay for it, I guess.

Honestly, it's almost too smooth. You can barely feel the board under you're foot. Personally I don't like that, but everyone is different. I'd go with the 9000 any day of the week.

axis longboard / trick bigfoot / trick pro 1v.
I swear I should just make this a signature since there are so many of these threads around here.
I know you'll hate me to say this, but go and try some out, maybe your foot likes something different than me, or other people in this thread.

Best pedal of all time though, that is a joke.

The truth is, no matter what pedal you choose to dedicate your feet to, you will, and should be prepared to deal with learning adjust it or yourself to make it perfect. Everyone knows that early Speed King users somehow are the greatest feet on the planet. Why?

Cause they had to make it work.

Changing to something else when you're good with what you got, can be a great many steps back until you become intimately familiar with the new(er) or used gear. Just buying a name isn't going to give you speed, endurance, balance, or power without practice and familiarization. Just like Jordan's never helped someone dunk.

No.

In South Africa it costs R7000. The Eliminator costs R3850. No way is it worth the extra amount. Feels good, I admit, but for that much more it should polish my shoes while I play.

And I think they're ugly.

Back