Randy Castillo

Crazy

Ok guys, unless the search engine messed up it doesn't seem that this name was on. What are your opinions on this talented drummer who passed away too soon ?

Frankly speaking I haven't heard anything from him besides with ozzy, but I just loved the power and showmanship of the guy, and not talking about all the fills he put in old ozzy songs when playing live (I don't know, mr. Crowley etc)

I got to see Randy play at this "after hours" club here in L.A. and he was awesome. Playing a single kick, 1 rack and 2 floors, it was 1/2 of his tour kit and he was just a monster on it.

I enjoyed Randy's playing.

I have never seen him live, but I have a couple concerts on bootleg of Ozzy with him. He was very solid.

I would have liked to see or hear some of his work with Motley Crue. I am not quite sure that he had the style to fill Tommy's shoes. Tommy is truly underrated.

Mike

randy is a big influence on my playing....his power and skill were awesome...i went to see motley crue in 2000 on the maximum rock tour, hoping to see him play, just to find out samantha maloney was playing....not to bash sam, but i went to see RANDY.....

loved his playing on the ozzy material.....he was a very tasteful player, and very skilled showman.....he passed on way too early.......

rest in peace, drum brother......

I listed Randy in the "Favorite Drummers" thread. I like his style and he is a very powerfull player. And I loved his drum sound; different and very big. I have seen Ozzy twice. I saw him in 96 expecting to see Deen Castronova ( another one in my favorites list ) but saw this bald guy. About 30 seconds in to the first song I could tell it was Randy. Last month was 4 years ago that he passed away.I was shocked when I found out.

One of my idols during my teens. He was pretty talented painter as well.

--LG

Randy castillo Here

Randy castillo was such a great drummer...... one of my biggest influences... he played with ozzy osbourne for years and later joined motley crew later to pass away from cancer... i think randy should have a spot on drummerworld.com as he is over looked quite alot............. r.i.p buddy

Re: Randy castillo Here

oh thanx i didnt see that..... thats good news....... he brang a certan style to ozzy which i love very much..... well i also wanna know what people think of him and his drumming....

oh thanx i didnt see that..... thats good news....... he brang a certan style to ozzy which i love very much..... well i also wanna know what people think of him and his drumming....

One of my favorites. I always have named him as one of my top 6 influences. Great heavy, powerful player w/a cool style. I always liked how he accented a lot w/snare and hi-hat as opposed to snare/crash or snare/china only. It is very cool and different.
No Rest For The Wicked is probably my favorite drumming album from Randy. I love the Ultimate Sin dvd w/Randy's solo. The solo is on Youtube. Great rock drummer. Loved his drum sound also.

No Rest For The Wicked is probably my favorite drumming album from Randy. I love the Ultimate Sin dvd w/Randy's solo. The solo is on Youtube. Great rock drummer. Loved his drum sound also.

same here he would be my top drummer though didnt go much on him when he joined motley crew it took away his style.... i love no rest for the wicked the druming throught the solo in breaking all the rules is great...... i want that ultimate sin dvd but i cant find it bit i will defanetly search for that solo on youtube.....

same here he would be my top drummer though didnt go much on him when he joined motley crew it took away his style.... i love no rest for the wicked the druming throught the solo in breaking all the rules is great...... i want that ultimate sin dvd but i cant find it bit i will defanetly search for that solo on youtube.....

Go to Rarelivedvd.com. I believe thats it. They have the dvd. 86 minute concert for 12$ Plus a whole lot more.

Go to Rarelivedvd.com. I believe thats it. They have the dvd. 86 minute concert for 12$ Plus a whole lot more.

thanx dude that will be great wanted this dvd for so long i thought it was only on vhs..... have u got ozzy live in budokan and live and loud i got those two live ones and there great..... im a big zakk wylde fan to ...... mike bordan is n alright drummer on budokan.
i also have ozzy osbourne dont blame me its a good dvd theres a bit of randy in that too but thanx again for the link.......

Last edited:

thanx dude that will be great wanted this dvd for so long i thought it was only on vhs..... have u got ozzy live in budokan and live and loud i got those two live ones and there great..... im a big zakk wylde fan to ...... mike bordan is n alright drummer on budokan.
i also have ozzy osbourne dont blame me its a good dvd theres a bit of randy in that too but thanx again for the link.......

Yes I have Budokan. It may be me but I am not crazy about Mike Bordins drumming. Nobody's perfect but he seems to rush a lot.
Just not in to it. Sorry.

Randy is already listed on the Drummerworld Wishlist. It's a list of drummers that Bernhard will consider putting on the site at some time.

http://drummerworld.com/wishlist/C.html

The more I think about it, I cant understand how drummers from bands that have been around 5-10 years are on this site. But Randy, one of the best hard rock drummers of the 80's & 90's, the drummer that played on the most cd's (3) and did the most cd supporting tours (4) and was the drummer to play the longest (15+ years) w/Ozzy Osbourne gets no recognition? That I dont understand.

I really liked Randy's playing. But, without a doubt, I enjoy Mike's playing better. Definitely more GROOVE!

Again, I am a huge fan of Randy's. I am not bashing him at all.

The more I think about it, I cant understand how drummers from bands that have been around 5-10 years are on this site. But Randy, one of the best hard rock drummers of the 80's & 90's, the drummer that played on the most cd's (3) and did the most cd supporting tours (4) and was the drummer to play the longest (15+ years) w/Ozzy Osbourne gets no recognition? That I dont understand.

There are a lot of drummers that don't get recognition on the site. I'm still trying to figure out how none of the Motown drummers from the 50's and 60's like Benny Benjamin, Uriel Jones, and Richard "Pistol" Allen are missed too, but I have to remember that doing a site like this is an undertaking and to add all the drummers that deserve to be on it would take some time.

I really liked Randy's playing. But, without a doubt, I enjoy Mike's playing better. Definitely more GROOVE!

Again, I am a huge fan of Randy's. I am not bashing him at all.

I have the Budokan dvd and to me Mikes playing seemed very rushed at times. Not consistent at all it seemed. I just could not get into his playing at all. Just opinion obviously, but he just didnt excite me when I saw him play.

I thought Randy's playing was very smooth. He was a great entertainer in my book. You don't get hired to play for Ozzy if you have nothing to offer the band. Let's be real.

Back