Phil Rudd fined

Not doubting that hemp has some great qualities and myriad uses that are being wasted and squandered by rigidity and dodginess by the powers-that-be, but you're carrying the ball a tad further down field than I'm prepared to run :)

Industrial hemp is legal to grow in Australia. Funny thing is, the US imports hemp products (like rope and canvas) but doesn't grow commerically for its own market.

I think Industrial hemp is most useful than the other kind - there are all kinds of uses: nutrition, clothing, building construction material (Hempcrete). When it comes to cancer there are all kinds of therapies that are used, medicinal THC restores the appetite of those that undergo certain cancer treatments (aswell as those that have AIDS), it is not the universal cure but rather it helps with certain symptoms.

Please don't get confused.

So you cannot smoke a Cuban cigar! What a shame, man! all due to political non-sense issues...by the way, the US commercial blockage remains on Cuba.

It is unfortunate, the real victims of the embargo are the ordinary Cuban people.

It is unfortunate, the real victims of the embargo are the ordinary Cuban people.

That's kind of the idea, spark a revolution due to creating unrest and overthrow the government. Trade war.

That's kind of the idea, spark a revolution due to creating unrest and overthrow the government. Trade war.

Now has that worked?

Remember that Cuba still trades with other countries it isn't particularly cut off so as to get people rioting in the streets.

Isn't it grossly criminal that a naturally occuring plant that can feed us, (with the very best complete nutrition known to the plant kingdom) provide our liquid fuel, (biodiesel) clothe and house us with the finest natural fiber on earth, (hemp fiber) provide a myriad of medicines that can relieve everything from menstral cramps to cancer, be kept from us?

Uses for (non-drug) Industrial hemp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tBjHTmojUc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZjwTnKSAg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCnHxBc-AA8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kZTLHEPrMc&feature=fvwrel

My understanding is that industrial help is less utilised than it would have been if not for the stigma attached to it. It takes time to establish industries and it took far longer than it should have done to get the industrial help industry going here. ref
Throughout the early nineteenth century, Australia was an important producer for the increasing world demand for hemp. Hemp was grown in Australia up until the 1937 when the Australia government agreed to follow the US by prohibiting the cultivation of hemp. There is little history available on the Australian hemp industry, although it is known to have been grown around the Northern Rivers and records about resilient Hunter River varieties exist.

Throughout Australia, for the past 10-15 years researchers have revived breeding stock and farming and research in value adding, has been substantial. In November 2008, NSW was one of the last states in Australia to pass legislation to allow for the cultivation and use of hemp under licence. Australia currently prohibits hemp seed use in food, although an application to Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is being considered in October 2010.
The same goes for medicinal hemp. Our attitudes towards help have been terribly naive and unproductive and a number of levels.

Update for those interested:

http://rocknewsdesk.com/world-news/acdc-drummers-drugs-conviction-lifted/1198/

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd’s conviction for possession of cannabis has been lifted after he appealed the ruling.

lawyer Craig Tuck, told the court that any conviction would make it difficult for him to enter countries including the US, Canada and Japan, and that meant the relatively small offence would have an unreasonably large affect on his career.

It's good in once sense, but the stupid laws remain for those without international careers.

But ... Phillip Witscke Rudzevecuis ... that's a surprise lol. Talk about successful migrant integration ... the bloke is more dinky di (translation) than most Aussie-borns :)

While it may seem minor Pol, things like this can go a lot father than you think.

Say there's a 15 year old drummer who's idol was Phil. He found out Phil had been caught for possession of drugs, and he loses faith in his idol. Could even cause him to stop drumming.

Or it could have a even worse effect. Maybe the 15 year old kid thinks, "Hey Phil Rudd is an awesome drummer, and he smokes pot, so why shouldn't I?"

Fact is it's illegal, and it's illegal for a reason. It creates bad health, promotes a bad influence, and can harm other people physically as well. Now I realize 25 grams isn't a lot, so the third statement is probably irrelevant, but it doesn't matter if it's 1 gram or 1000, it's against the law and he was rightly punished.

how many famous rock stars died from alchohol ? and that is legal ..
how many people die from weed (not counting lung cancer or doing stupid stuff .. just overdosing)

i believe that weed is safer than alchohol (even though i drink more often than smoke)

I'm not getting into a political argument here. But the thing is - having a little weed on you shouldn't be an offense. It's illegal, but the effects of the drug itself have been proven to be less destructive than alcohol. If the government were to legalize weed (and impose a major tax on it), crime rates would go down, the U.S. would make TONS off the taxes, and there would be less users. Many people use pot because it's illegal - if it were legalized it would be less attractive to them. Of course there would be age limits (I would say 21 would be good) but this would be a great move for the Government IMO. It's essentially inevtable - It shold be done sooner rather than later.

i'd be willing to bet that if they made it legal and taxed the crap out of it america would pay off its debt quite quickly ... but that would make jobs for common middle class people and take jobs away from jails and court systems and other people who are higher up on the food chain.. which will not be allowed to happen

But ... Phillip Witscke Rudzevecuis ... that's a surprise lol. Talk about successful migrant integration ... the bloke is more dinky di (translation) than most Aussie-borns :)

"Rudd is the only Australian-born member of AC/DC", though, so it must just be a family thing.

Back