Dw 5000 pedals?

drumkid8

Hi i am looking at getting a dw 5000 double pedal. I play mostly metal and i want something fast, i do play other music though so i need something versatile and fast, i like triplets! What would be better, accelerator or turbo?

I am actually curious to this as well. I don't play double bass and am not really concerned with speed. I'm thinking about purchasing one of these in the future and would like to know the difference! Thanks!

I believe the accelerator has a non-linear cam so that tension increases as the pedal is depressed to increase power and sensitivity (like the eliminator's red and blue cams). The turbo has a normal, linear cam; the tension is the same throughout the stroke (like the eliminator's black and white cams). I don't know that either is better, it's personal preference.

If you can swing it. Move up to the DW 9000. I know its a hell of a lot of money. But it is so good, even out of the box.. I had to sit down and re think, how did I do that triplet, or that double.. Its so smooth after 4 months I am still trying to reach the limit to what this pedal can do.
I didnt like it at first... to radical. To smooth. I wasnt use to tap dancing on a pedal and getting such results... I know I changed the thread, but just my 2 cents. I feel strongly about.

Ahh, gotcha. See, I've been using the demon drive for the past year and I don't know, maybe I haven't fiddled with it enough, but I just can't get into the feel it has. I've played the DW5 a few times and have always liked it. In fact, where I take my lessons they have an old beat up pedal that I actually like as well. I don't know, maybe I just prefer the chain drive models.

Ahh, gotcha. See, I've been using the demon drive for the past year and I don't know, maybe I haven't fiddled with it enough, but I just can't get into the feel it has. I've played the DW5 a few times and have always liked it. In fact, where I take my lessons they have an old beat up pedal that I actually like as well. I don't know, maybe I just prefer the chain drive models.

That's it mate we all learn these lessons eventually. I've went for 2 pedals based on first impressions and for speed, turns out that what should have done was go for the one that felt the best and I have found it eventually The DW 9002. I do love my Mapex Falcon but there is still something I'm unsure of about it and I think it is to do with the angle of elevation of the footboard, it isn't steep enough for me and it can't be changed. But I tried a number of pedals in my nearest drum shop the other week and man the DW was the best pedal I've ever felt, I instantly fell in love and I bought one. It should be arriving today =D.

Also for the record I tried the demon drive and I did not like the feel at all, I'm not sure if I like direct drive pedals the are just way too smooth and there's no resistance at all or ruggedness and I like that feel of feeling what I'm playing rather than 'forgetting my feet'.

I hear DW 5000 and 9000 pedals mentioned a lot, but never 7000's. Is the 7000 just the poor step child of the other two, possibly the entry level version? I have never understood this.

the 7000 (now called the 3000) lacks most of the features of the 9000 and 5000. Good pedal, a step above most entry level pedals, but definately below those two.

I bought a DW 3000 double pedal to "play" around with and I'm quite impressed with the main pedal by itself. Both pedals work great for me and I'm not out a lot of money if I decide to not pursue the double pedal route.

Hey,
In my opinion, Dw5000 it's not bad.
If you need for fast playing, try dw7000 ( I've it and i think it's very nice ) or Dw9000 ( Tooooooooo expensive ) :)

The turbo is the original design with the fully round cam, which was the most popular in the 80's.

The accelerator came out in I believe 91, and quickly became more popular.

The turbo is (relatively) more smooth, the accelerator has a bit more snap to it.

The difference is personal taste. I think the difference is fairly subtle. It seems like most pros switched to the accelerator, but the turbo remained popular enough that they still make it.

I bought the accelerator myself way back when. I still have it, it still functions great.

The nice thing about the 5000's is that you can separate the two and have two single pedals. this is what I am doing right now. You cannot do this with the Falcon.

I bought a 5000 Accel. in 2007 and can't find anything better. I tried the 9000 and thought it was terrible, both in design and feel. I tried the Demon Drive, Iron Cobra, and several others. Nothing feels as good as the 5000, for me.

I bought a DW 3000 double pedal to "play" around with and I'm quite impressed with the main pedal by itself. Both pedals work great for me and I'm not out a lot of money if I decide to not pursue the double pedal route.

i bought a dw 3000 single just to replace my horribly loose pedal, and lemme tell you that is a quality unit. i've never been happier with a pedal.

I thought that was going to be mean LOL.You should've said Alligator or Crocodile. Those are better and cooler examples...

The roach is a perfected creature - it has been around longer than any other existing creature, and will be around long after another cast of characters occupies the planet. True, they aren't very sexy, but neither is the DW 5000. About the only other animal as successful is the shark, but sharks are sleek and the 5000 isn't.

So far, I can't tell any difference in the feel between turbo and accelerator pedals. Maybe I just don't have the ability to distinguish the effects of each of these products. I have even tried the Tama Iron Cobra pedals with different cams - still cannot feel any difference.

Back