What should i use to make a 6.5x14 snare sound more like a 8x14 snare?

The short answer is an 8" snare. Can't fake what ya aint got.

if you want more power and deph you should use a double ply batter head like evans G2 or remo emperor , and for the snare side : something like remo emperor snare side .

that's the combo I use in my snare , and it sound much more powerfull and deep than with other combos .

if you want more power and deph you should use a double ply batter head like evans G2 or remo emperor , and for the snare side : something like remo emperor snare side .

that's the combo I use in my snare , and it sound much more powerfull and deep than with other combos .

how about a remo emperor-x with a remo emperor snare side? Doesnt get much heavier than that lol. Or would that just sound obnoxious?

I changed the snare wires on mine from the standard size to a 42 strand set. Gives alot more pop and the snare sound is more defined. I also used the Evans EC Reverse Dot (the 2-ply one) on the batterhead and then Evans Hazy 300 for the resonant. Makes my 5.5x14 snare sound much bigger and stronger than it really is.

lol i mean like, i just want to make the snare sound much deeper and more powerful. What head could i use to do that?

Remo Falams is a Kevlar drum head, it'll give you a phat sound. They're single ply which makes it more playable on the snare, The bulk of the Kevlar means you can tune-up and not be burdened with too much rebound. A marching head by description, Falams work well on kit snare drums. You'll (most probably) never break it and it won't pull-out.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Remo-Falams-II-KSeries-Head?sku=442416

Remo Falams is a Kevlar drum head, it'll give you a phat sound. They're single ply which makes it more playable on the snare, The bulk of the Kevlar means you can tune-up and not be burdened with too much rebound. A marching head by description, Falams work well on kit snare drums. You'll (most probably) never break it and it won't pull-out.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Remo-Falams-II-KSeries-Head?sku=442416
that head looks pretty good! i also found this other one that is similar called the Aquarian Power-house. Have you heard of it?

How would the remo falams compare to a remo emperor-x?

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but what kind of results would one get with an Evans Glass 500 snare side head?

You need to identify what about an 8" snare sound is what you're after before a proper answer can really be given.

Tom

what snare do you have? What head do you have on there right now?

its the stock snare that comes with ludwig accent custom elite sets.
8 ply, 8mm, birch, stock heads.

I just want a deeper, more powerful sound, similar to that of an 8x14 (which are super expensive), and i just wanted to know what heads would be good to give the 6.5 that extra power.

although that video was hilarious, i still dont get your point...Im asking a legit question here...

anyway, i think i'm just going with the emperor-x. Its just more convenient. Maybe if I destroy it or something (which isnt likely because its supposed to be super durable) i'll spend the extra cash and grab me a Hi-Energy or Falams

215 posts to date. I counted 18 new threads that you've started in that time. That seems a little excessive to me to say the least. That's a new thread every 11.94 posts which gives you one of the highest new-thread-to-post ratios I've seen on here for a long time and it gets frustrating when you could've probably have answered most of the questions yourself if you'd done more research.

Back