It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

freebirdgdw

Silver Member
Tuesday morning: looking forward to the day ahead of me. I'm a media student and had a day of filming planned which I enjoy, followed by a night out with my mates and girlfriend at the student union. Then on Wednesday I was going to go home from uni to play on my new Sabian APX 20" crash and 14" hats as well as my 20" wuhan china that have arrived along with my new big dog hi hat stand and straight cymbal stand. Yey for me!

Reality: Didn't sleep well on monday night so getting up early on the tuesday was horrible. then the filming was very longwinded and boring and just generally a ballache. I get back to my flat the night and my girlfriend and her mates are already drunk whilst I'm tired and sober :( we go to the student union and because my girlfriend is so drunk she knocks my pint out of my hand which goes all over me. I then go to get a new pint but slip on the spilt pint, go arse over tit and land on my wrist spraining it whilst everyone laughs at me hysterically (if I was a girl I would of been picked up and taken care of, but no). I go home on Wednesday to find I cant hit any of my new cymbals with my right sprained hand and struggle to even lift them onto the stands.

If this is karma, I must of done something horrible in a past life :(

Why is it that a pratfall just breaks everyone up?

Too bad about the dilemma...

Kinda like having to wait a week so you can deflower the new bride properly.

Sorry about that but it makes for a funny story.

Well, things don't always go the way we plan them. I cant count how many times this stuff happens to me, though not in such a polar opposite type of way like your story. Sorry for that :(, there'll be better days, you can count on that.

Sometimes the universe just wants to make an ass of you instead of allowing you to lay down some groovage.

Bummer, man. I'm knocking on wood and rubbing a rabbit's foot as we speak...I don't want any of that bad mojo over here.

Manchester University? My brother is a masters student there doing maths. These things happen. Sometimes we have those days - I have them all the time. They're called 'weekdays'.

I don't even know what to say except bummer dude.

Bummer, man. I'm knocking on wood and rubbing a rabbit's foot as we speak...I don't want any of that bad mojo over here.

I never really understood why a rabbits foot was supposed to bring good luck.

Wasn't very good luck for the rabbit if you get my drift. :)

That's really bad. Is this the first time this happened with your girlfriend? If you really don't like her getting pissed every night then you should say something, tell her how you feel. That's the whole point of a relationship, you should be understanding of each other. If that doesn't work then you'll either have to end it, or give Jezza Kyle a ring :p

That's really bad. Is this the first time this happened with your girlfriend? If you really don't like her getting pissed every night then you should say something, tell her how you feel. That's the whole point of a relationship, you should be understanding of each other. If that doesn't work then you'll either have to end it, or give Jezza Kyle a ring :p

Lol, she's not some aggressive raging alcoholic! just her turn to be the drunken mess that night. everybody has them sometimes. normally it's me lol. trust me I've much worse things when drunk to piss her off or make her worry. we've been together 2 1/2 years so a little thing like this wont spoil it. Her and a load of her mates were having an anne summers party at my flat so they were all a bit drunk and rowdy lol.

No I'm at Salford, 2nd year. My girlfriend goes to Manchester Uni though.

Say hello to Professor Johnny Marr! I was actually in Manchester last night at the Bridgewater Hall. Great place.

Oh well. Hey, at least you can still LOOK at your new cymbals! Sometimes that's half the fun!

Tuesday morning: looking forward to the day ahead of me. I'm a media student and had a day of filming planned which I enjoy, followed by a night out with my mates and girlfriend at the student union. Then on Wednesday I was going to go home from uni to play on my new Sabian APX 20" crash and 14" hats as well as my 20" wuhan china that have arrived along with my new big dog hi hat stand and straight cymbal stand. Yey for me!

Reality: Didn't sleep well on monday night so getting up early on the tuesday was horrible. then the filming was very longwinded and boring and just generally a ballache. I get back to my flat the night and my girlfriend and her mates are already drunk whilst I'm tired and sober :( we go to the student union and because my girlfriend is so drunk she knocks my pint out of my hand which goes all over me. I then go to get a new pint but slip on the spilt pint, go arse over tit and land on my wrist spraining it whilst everyone laughs at me hysterically (if I was a girl I would of been picked up and taken care of, but no). I go home on Wednesday to find I cant hit any of my new cymbals with my right sprained hand and struggle to even lift them onto the stands.

If this is karma, I must of done something horrible in a past life :(

Don't worry about practicing playing your drums... you need to practice some real life, cos there are some big bad things that just happen indiscriminately to anyone who is out there, not thru anyones fault, or bad mojo or bad karma... and we all have to deal with & actually enjoy our lives despite what happens. I'm sure the homeless guys on Deansgate could shed some light on this for you, just give them a minute. Maybe they should start teaching common sense at uni again... Hope your wrist is better soon. Ohh & I long for a drunken girlfriend - but don't tell my wife!!! :-D

Back