What makes your blood boil??

Jonny Sumo

I was inspired by a comment from MrInsanePolack earlier, which made me think 'What makes us mad?'. I don't just mean a little bit mad, I mean the sort of 'mad' where, if there weren't prisons or mental hospitals, you really don't know what your actions would be?

For me; peoples behaviour in supermarkets. Standing at one shelf with their trolley in front of another so they prevent you from accessing 15 feet of shopping items while they try to choose which low fat yoghurt they're gonna buy...they're so fat they probably eat the packaging wrapped in chocolate sauce before.....ok, you get the picture.

Txt speak, smileys :), drunks, ppls driving...whatever it is, you can tell us....

Too much stuff to even start getting into it.
One observation I made is that over time (that is, over A LONG LONG time) those things tend to annoy me (slightly) less. But this process is so utterly slow that it won't really help coping with it in this lifetime. I'm noticing that I'm developing more tolerance towards many things that used to annoy me a lot. But there's a reasonable limit to this. Some things (way of conduct/manners, views etc) should not be accepted.

In the end I can reduce most of those things to one cause: stupidity. And it seems many people have on overdose of it.

(To be honest, there's a number of things that I hate about myself but I keep doing them... damn.)

Here is a short list:

1. People with no manners. Even dogs can be taught manners.
2. Ignorance. Not knowing something but speaking on it like an expert.
3. Intentionally modified communication skills.
4. People who are so self absorbed they have no clue as to what is going on in their immediate vicinity. (the supermarket example is great)
5. People who don't let anyone finish a sentence before they start talking because they aren't listening, rather thinking about what they are going to say, and thus missing the point all together.

I can put up with stupid people fairly easily as long as they don't fall into these categories. I know a few dummies who are very well adjusted, nice, fun to be around folks.

Orthographically/grammatically: could of, would of, should of, realy, alot. Misuse of apostrophes. Misuse of "I" when it should be "me": "between you and I", grr. "Less" when it should be "fewer". "Like" when it should be "as if". (My family are a sore trial to me!)

People who believe what they read in the Daily Mail.

People who repeat themselves. People who repeat themselves.

And trivial stuff like racism, sexism, homophobia and cruelty.

Phew, that feels better!

I know it's not fair, and in some cases they can't help it, but I just really hate stupid people or those constantly seeking approval or attention from everyone around them.

So basically everyone who can't stay off facebook and live a fake life on it counts in this category.

Know what really makes my blood boil? Being on a space suit on a space walk when a pin sized meteor hits my face plate and causes a sudden catastrophic loss of pressure. That REALLY makes my blood boil. REALLY!

Sorry, I only read up to three, so I only copied up to three. Can you clarify what you mean by, "Intentionally modified communication skills?"

When people intentionally shorten words because they are either lazy or think it's cute, and use text speak instead of actual words. "OMG, those peeps who put ravis in the wave cuz their fam'd, and BTW the wave is off by 30 secs." Yeah that is irritating.

You only read 3 and moved on, that sort of falls under number 5. Do you always only read half the post?

True, Facebook has become boring advertisement. I can't get on without seeing stupid posts for likes, and if I don't, I'm going to hell. I've thought about deleting it many times, but have always kept it so that I can still at least contact friends and acquaintances if I need them.

I don't have one. Never did. I do know a few people who can not be idiots on it, but most facebooks I look at are really stupid. It's like middle-school crap all over again. Everyone competing to see who's baby is the cutest by how many "likes" they get, taking vanity pictures in front of the mirror to put on their freaking facebook, posting everywhere they go and everything they do in an effort to look more hip and happening than their peers. Women especially use it as a competition platform I find, but there are plenty of douchey "bros" on there showing off, too. That site literally can ruin lives and destroy any semblance of privacy.

Also, what does that example say? I fail to understand what language it's in...

It should read, "Oh my God, those people who put raviolis in the microwave because they are famished, and by the way, the microwave is off by 30 seconds." I know the sentence itself is ridiculous, but I feel it does a good job of making my point. I see no reason to talk like this.

Well, like Aidee, I'm not the biggest fan of people in general and I do go out of my way to avoid crowds, but on the same token, I'd be the first to help in an emergency if it was in my power to do so. My disdain for society is equally matched with a deep understanding and love for the human race. I call it a race because we are all one in a way, if you think about it long enough. We all do the same crap, and we all make the same mistakes no matter what language we speak.

Having said that, the only time I lose my inner peace anymore is in traffic.My tongue does seem to get the better of me in that situation. But this isn't all the time, not at all, and it never turns into a rage. I couldn't even imagine getting that angry. But I've seen this type of rage anger in other people, and it is not a pretty sight to see. It is very primal and unforgiving and sad.

Nothing really makes my blood boil. I'm too cool for that lol. Plus I have a long fuse. Well OK the government can get me going. And pill pushing "lets charge you to make you sicker" doctors. People first in line for the green arrow who take their good old time getting around to accelerating strike me as inconsiderate boobs, but I just shake my head. Getting irritated does nothing to brighten my day. I do hate it when I lose tools THAT I JUST HAD, AND I HAVEN'T MOVED...

But basically, the weather is beautiful inside my head.

But basically, the weather is beautiful inside my head.

Emotional Weather Report - Tom Waits

late night and early morning low clouds
with a chance of fog
chance of showers into the afternoon
with variable high cloudiness
and gusty winds, gusty winds
at times around the corner of
Sunset and Alvorado
things are tough all over
when the thunder storms start
increasing over the southeast
and south central portions
of my apartment, I get upset
and a line of thunderstorms was
developing in the early morning
ahead of a slow moving coldfront
cold blooded
with tornado watches issued shortly
before noon Sunday, for the areas
including, the western region
of my mental health
and the northern portions of my
ability to deal rationally with my
disconcerted precarious emotional
situation, it's cold out there
colder than a ticket taker's smile
at the Ivar Theatre, on a Saturday night
flash flood watches covered the
southern portion of my disposition
there was no severe weather well
into the afternoon, except for a lone gust of
wind in the bedroom
in a high pressure zone, covering the eastern
portion of a small suburban community
with a 103 and millibar high pressure zone
and a weak pressure ridge extending from
my eyes down to my cheeks cause since
you left me baby
and put the vice grips on my mental health
well the extended outlook for an
indefinite period of time until you
come back to me baby is high tonight
low tomorrow, and precipitation is expected

since I started the thread I've given this quite a lot of thought; I do get angry through frustration sometimes but not really 'blood boiling' mad at all. I find environments rather that people trigger this, although sometimes people can be the provocation.
It's hard to deal with my patient group sometimes at work; I had one guy (personality disordered) a couple of years ago who thought everything was about him. He could turn any comment or conversation or issue into being specifically about him, like the whole world revolved around his emotions, his feelings and the hell with everyone else or how much he upset them.I found it very difficult to work with him, even though I knew he was ill, and that led to me being angrier with other people and situations. Often wonder where he ended up.

Dont really like people. Yea, people as a whole annoy me, most of the time.

Well aren't you just a charming ol' bloke, haha.

Hehe - actually, he's as nice a man as you'll ever meet online. Some of the most pleasant people you'll ever meet are misanthropists - they're just disappointed that people can't be more decent to each other.

I'm the one who makes my blood boil when people do the kinds of things listed below. It's not them, it's my reaction. Things always work out better when I dissipate my anger by trying to put myself in the other person's shoes.

But sometimes I can't control myself and I decide to boil my blood (simmering is better - doesn't burn off all the vitamins, Ref: Cannibal Delights in 15 Minutes). I do, say and think so much stupid shit myself I'm not in a position to judge, but sometimes I do. We all do to some extent.

Some people say they let out their anger on the drums. I don't. For me, drums make me feel happy or insecure, but I'm almost never angry when I'm playing. A few times I've been a bit cranky when playing when someone does a particularly idiotic screwup (like bad timing from people who believe metronomes are evil) but nothing major. It's a big turnaround for me because, being ADHD, I had an insane temper as a child. For almost a decade every year I'd make a new years resolution not to lose my temper. Studying psychology, philosophy, Buddhist writings and science (dispassionate rationality) helped a lot. Pot helped too by teaching me that I could respond to setbacks in a mellow way. Blah blah blah :)

people that pull from street and stop 5 feet into the mall lot leaving your ass in the slow lane.

Ditto the store shopper with their cart on one side and them on the other

A heat source of about 212 degrees

People talking trash on the internet drives me crazy. Especially when they are misspelling half the words and have about 25 errors in a sentence. I also dislike it when someone gives you "friendly advice" on everything wrong in your life. I don't really show my anger much though, and so people don't see me get mad.

When LarryAce calls me "Phil". I swear, if I ever run into that guy...

Oh lighten up Phil...(taken from the movie "Stripes"....Lighten up Francis)

Every time you call me Joseph, or Skylar, or whoever, it always cracks me up.

39337480.jpg

Back