New Tama tools!

Love the kit. Very Classy. I'm an amateur photographer and would like you to elaborate more on "proper lighting" and camera settings (exposure, f/, etc).
Thx

Love the kit. Very Classy. I'm an amateur photographer and would like you to elaborate more on "proper lighting" and camera settings (exposure, f/, etc).
Thx

I just mean that it was properly lit, especially being in a darkened room. But how I did it: the room is all white, so I just pointed the big monolights at the ceiling, took a reading of about f/10 with the ol' meter, but set the camera to f/8 with a shutter speed of about 1/80 with ISO set to 400. The lights turn the ceiling into a big white reflector and it's almost like shooting with direct lighting and softboxes. It's the same as if you took your shoe-mount flash and pointed the flash head at the wall and bounced the reflecting light onto your subject, just on a bigger scale.

Drummers - take note! You never know when someone is going to ask you about how you got that great shot of your kit!

Back