Yamaha Oak Custom 18X15 Bass

Garvin

Pioneer Member
I'm not one for posting pointless threads, but as someone with severe GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) it is hard for me not to brag about a recent purchase.

I ordered an 18" bass for my Oak Custom kit, and just got it in the mail. It looks awesome. Yamaha makes such great looking drums. I can't wait to play it this weekend. I'll post recordings of both in the same band side by side so folks can see if they actually hear any difference. I have an assumption in my head already, but I want to wait to hear it in person before I expound to much.

I'll post pics as soon as I get home.

ALSO

I am still selling the 20". There are 2 days left on the auction on ebay.

I'm not one for posting pointless threads, but as someone with severe GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) it is hard for me not to brag about a recent purchase.

I ordered an 18" bass for my Oak Custom kit, and just got it in the mail. It looks awesome. Yamaha makes such great looking drums. I can't wait to play it this weekend. I'll post recordings of both in the same band side by side so folks can see if they actually hear any difference. I have an assumption in my head already, but I want to wait to hear it in person before I expound to much.

I'll post pics as soon as I get home.

ALSO

I am still selling the 20". There are 2 days left on the auction on ebay.
Congrats!

I recently also picked up an 18" bass drum for my Sonor Force 2007 kit. The tone that little thing is amazing!

I purpose a toast- To Gear Acquisition Syndrome! *Clink*

-Jonathan

I have GAS as well but am bankroll deficient. congrats on the acquisition.

Congrats on the purchase; I too have GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) and am with GD that my bankroll cannot support the problem!

Thanks guys. I figured this thread would dissolve. Here are the pics I promised. And since it is my thread I'm also gonna hijack it by posting some pics of the custom cajon I forgot I ordered which also arrived today from www.generationcustomdrums.com. I'm insane with this GAS right now. It's horrible.

MobilePhotoSep3201074039PM.jpg

MobilePhotoSep3201074221PM.jpg

MobilePhotoSep3201074106PM.jpg

MobilePhotoSep3201074131PM.jpg

MobilePhotoSep3201074144PM.jpg

Back