Snow Leopard for Mac

Same problem with me: the older - but very good - HP 2100 b/w with Apple Talk doesn't work in my network. Saw also the routine and tips on the HP side, but didn't work for me.
Bernhard

When I get a little free time, I'm going back to this and figure it out. Unless Apple and HP get it together for us first.

In the meantime, I'm still using Leopard most of the time.

MFB: I did a bit of research, too. Looks like this is all over the map, as far as the things people are claiming is fixing it for them. Crap like this isn't good. I've got a real bad taste in my mouth left over from Leopard, and was hoping Snow Leopard would be like a piece of ginger in a sushi bar. Well, let's wait and see... At least I'm not having any problems with Mail.

So did you indeed migrate all your mail and settings, as opposed to wiping, installing clean and then setting up from scratch? It's really tempting to do that, I know, but my opinion is it's best to do it right. I figure I'm going to be using a system for a couple of years, so I like to start off as clean and problem-free as possible. God knows there's enough stuff that can go wrong even under the best conditions.

I did migrate the settings. There's most likely the problem there, but it wasn't my computer I was doing it to (my Dad's) so I didn't want to wipe everything.

At least the bugs with Snow Leopard aren't affecting system stability (touch wood). That is the only problem I have had with it so far.

I did migrate the settings. There's most likely the problem there, but it wasn't my computer I was doing it to (my Dad's) so I didn't want to wipe everything.

At least the bugs with Snow Leopard aren't affecting system stability (touch wood). That is the only problem I have had with it so far.

I like to set up Macs with two drives or two partitions, to be able to do a full, clean install on one, while keeping the original as a backup or in case something goes wrong.

Glad to hear your Dad's a Mac user, too!

Partitioning is a very good idea, I have a partitioned external HDD and backed up my system with Super Duper before I did the upgrade - now using one of those partitions as my time machine drive.

I got my iMac in late 2006 (Intel Core Duo 2) and he was impressed so he went and bought a virtually identical one three months later. Nearly three years (and a RAM upgrade, which I am convincing him to do) later the only significant problem I've had was an audio driver conflict when installing Logic Studio, which I solved by just re-building Tiger about six months ago. It amazed me then how easy it was to re-build (having experienced some pretty hairy Linux fiddlings) and it carries on with 10.6. 10.6 really is very good, but I think a couple more bugs might be uncovered in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah, having a second partition or drive is the way to go, whether you do a clean install, or a migrated install. Having a clone you can fall back to, or restore from might seem like extra work or expense to set up, but if it saves your precious data (or time!) just once in your life, it's worth it.

My motto, whether it's my own data or a especially a client's, is: COVER YOUR ASS.

I'm glad that I posted this thread before I bought SL. Thanks all! I'm going to hold off for a while before upgrading. I don't have any problems with Leopard. I have never used Tiger, I bought my first Mac after Leopard was out. Im sure that in a short while most bugs will be fixed.

For 29.00 why wait? Get up to date, stay up to date. Why wait 7 years like Microsoft for an upgrade? You have the best, take advantage of it.

For 29.00 why wait? Get up to date, stay up to date. Why wait 7 years like Microsoft for an upgrade? You have the best, take advantage of it.
Things are slow at work right now! Daughter in college! I'm spending a fortune remodeling my kitchen. I just had a $1200 crown on one of my teeth! I need four tires on my truck! You know how it is! I'm also from the school of if it aint broke, don't fix it. My Mac is working fine! I have never had a problem with it in two years! I'll get SL in a few months.
It's not going anywhere.

I loaded Snow Leopard yesterday. My wife bought it for her Macbook Pro. I used her copy.
If she spends money it's OK! You know how that goes!
I love it! My Macbook is flying high and fast! The subtle changes are nice so far.

I loaded Snow Leopard yesterday. My wife bought it for her Macbook Pro. I used her copy.
If she spends money it's OK! You know how that goes!
I love it! My Macbook is flying high and fast! The subtle changes are nice so far.

Well I like how Apple trust everybody to buy the system. No badly-done registrations and the like. Even if you don't, they'll make a killing on it - even at the low price.

It's a really great system. So, so quick! Glad you upgraded.

Funny thing, Last week I accepted a usual weekly download from Apple that popped up on my dock. My computer started running slower than normal after the download. I wonder if Apple did this to prompt more people to upgrade? I wonder? Just an observation! I don't know if it is just my imagination or not!
I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that! They know that I went to their web sight and I looked at SL a few times during the past month!

Funny thing, Last week I accepted a usual weekly download from Apple that popped up on my dock. My computer started running slower than normal after the download. I wonder if Apple did this to prompt more people to upgrade? I wonder? Just an observation! I don't know if it is just my imagination or not!

I'll start 'The Twilight Zone' music...!

Do Do Do Do, Do Do Do Do! Do not try to adjust your Macbook, We are in complete control!

So far I only had one glitch!
I used to resize my pics from iPhoto by exporting them to my desktop from the file menu in iPhoto (export to disc). I could select from Small, Med, large or full size. I would use med because it worked with DW. I did this last night and when I went to upload the pic to DW it was still full size and the pic wouldn't load to my post. I had to use the web page feature in iPhoto and set the size at 1200x1200 manually.
I'll email Apple tonight!

Back