Electronic Bass Drum Pedal?!

jimbles123

Hi
I'm looking for a pedal that I can plug straight into my Alesis control pad to trigger bass drum samples from ableton. I know that there are a lot of pads out there that you can use normal pedals with but I can't find any pedal triggers - like the Roland FD-8 hi hat pedal - that are just for the bass drum.
Any ideas?

You could try using a hit hat pedal for a bass drum pedal.

I've used the DM5ProHHPedal (from Alesis) in a couple of video games that support that sort of thing... It's not perfect, as the spring is a little light, but it functions.

You could also try getting something like a Hansenfutz pedal and a drum trigger (which it supposedly supports, but I've not tried it myself). That would at least give you adjustable tension and angle on the pedal...

Good luck with this.

There were a few electronic kick pedals 'back in the day', such as The Shark and E-Pedal, but they disappeared in favor of regular pedals attached to pads, or fitted with a trigger attachment (DW had one of those, Roland currently offers one, maybe ddrum?) As cool as an electronic pedal seemed, it could never feel and react like the pedals drummers had been playing all their lives. And after the Simmons boom in the early '80s, there just wasn't much call for electronics again - until about 12 years ago with Roland's popular TD7 - and Shark and others couldn't sell their wares.

Bermuda

The KD-7's are brilliant and way better than the upright pads. The reason is that they are mounted firmly to the floor and do not move avoiding double triggering. The cheaper tower pads move a little in some cases cause the double triggering.

The KD7's can also be linked easily to another pad for a double bass set up without having to plug into another input on the module.

Try searching for 3rd party kick pedals for the RockBand/Guitar Hero games. These are usually real bass drum pedals, with triggers welded on.

Hi everybody,

i m just register on drummerworld. I starting play drum 7 moths ago. I bought an electronic drum, ALESIS DM 6. Do you know it?

It's not so great but it's good and enough to starting to learn. The good thing about my drum is that it has an usb door. Thanks to EZ DRUMMER i can import every sound in my pad.

I try to use the software but it's a little bit hard. Do you know it? Could you explain how i can import the sound in my pad?

Thank u

Pretty sure you can't import sounds into the DM6. I don't have that unit,but the usual way to do it is assign a midi channel and note # on the drums to correspond with the software.
You're going to have to spend some time with the manuals.

Back