Mounting Toms on Cymbal Stands

Pimento

Well, given my recent tom additions im looking at mounting my toms on cymbal stands, since the mass drum mount is really the root of my issue, im just wondering about everyones experience with this.

A rack may be a bit pricey compared to just a few clamps, my cymbal stands are all double braced gibraltar hardware, i already have one tom mounted on a pearl tom mount system, and one on the stock gretsch mount. I much prefer the gretsch style system, with the straight cymbal clamp going to the post with a ball mount on it. But i am looking for as many suggestions as possible :)

basically this is how "trap" drum sets came into existence, people just started throwing stuff together and there are no rules, whatever works that you can afford or create. I have mounted toms on Cymbal stands with no problems. Racks are nice but expensive.

Well i figure i can do it for $100 in hardware rather than a $400 rack, i also figure if i mark it out on a rug, the setup for gigs will be quick and easy, im just hoping that itll be solid enough and adjustable enough

im just hoping that itll be solid enough and adjustable enough

Good quality hardware (of which Gibraltar is most definitely included) will hold up no worries. Just be sure to place a leg underneath the weight to stop the whole thing tipping over. I've currently got 10" and 12" toms plus 16" and 18" crashes flying off the one stand.

Good quality hardware (of which Gibraltar is most definitely included) will hold up no worries. Just be sure to place a leg underneath the weight to stop the whole thing tipping over. I've currently got 10" and 12" toms plus 16" and 18" crashes flying off the one stand.

Very true. Also, take wind into consideration of leg positioning if you are performing outdoors.

Just so long as you look cool ;)

Well, im not going for looking cool so much as being able to adjust everything to be a little tighter. A rack would probably be my best solution but way more expensive than i can make happen right now

Back