Joey Jordison

Joey is drumming for Korn on their Family Values tour this summer. Just saw it on Slipknot's website under the news section. Slipknot1.com

where can i find a tape/video/mp3 of Joey playing for Satyricon?:O I love them bouth!

BTW: Have you heard the good news?! Joey is playing with korn for the next 5 months:D:D

anyone know if there is going to be a DVD, or something with Joey and Korn?

he is fast but that is all he is got going for him...not a slipnot a fan,they will proble have a cry and say he is goodd but he is just fast...

Joey Jordison can't take his foot off his double pedal to save his life!!

He is only built for speed!!

You can say what ever you want but Joey is not only fast drummer... he's really good. If you listen wait and bleed, theres not only speed, theres melody. And if you want speed... i mean theres plenty "speedy" songs...

Joey is an excellent drummer. Just because his Disasterpiece solo was all crowd pleaser doesnt mean he cant actually play anything else! Also the two percussionists do know how to play drums, listen to The Blister Exists of their latest cd. I saw them at Big Day Out (Australia) and watched them play rudiments on their snares! I mean hey, why knock them? Should there be 3 drumkits in Slipknot?? :p

Yep, Shaun was the drummer before Joey joined.

I like Slipknot, but im not too keen on Joey's drumming, i really like what Shaun and Chris add though, you can hear them if you know what to listen out for.

Plus their sound and genre asks for speed I think, and Joey offers that,

But yea his solo does kind abore me a bit.

Re: Why Joey Jordison is one Dimensional

Needless to say, Joey did a poor job of it.

What is your legitimation for giving such a comment?.

What position do you have in the industry? Or are you just a............then ok..

Bernhard

Video of Joey playing with Korn. Joey was hired to play what Bozzio recorded. Needless to say, Joey did a poor job of it. I think he should stick to speed metal lol. Maybe it's me, but it sounds like it don't groove as well. Granted Bozzio is God! But still, none of the drumming patterns are even close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcDrU2BYKlA&mode=related&search=

Your opinion is noted. Keep in mind that you are watching/listening to a youtube video and the sound quality is horrible. I'm sure if you were at the show you would proabably feel different. Joey backing Korn is definately going to be interesting, especially if they get to write original material together. As far as I know, he is only backing them for shows and pre written material. I think Joey is a wonderful drummer... I would love to hear what Korn would sound like if Joey was part of the writting process! But, he is going back with the KnOt to write another record in the very near future. After that.. well see.

Video of Joey playing with Korn. Joey was hired to play what Bozzio recorded. Needless to say, Joey did a poor job of it. I think he should stick to speed metal lol. Maybe it's me, but it sounds like it don't groove as well. Granted Bozzio is God! But still, none of the drumming patterns are even close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcDrU2BYKlA&mode=related&search=

It sounded fine to me.

What is your legitimation for giving such a comment?.

What position do you have in the industry? Or are you just a............then ok..

Bernhard

Does he have to be important or recognized in the industry to have the right for such comments? If it's the case, that would be an argument by authority, which is a logical fallacy.

Does he have to be important or recognized in the industry to have the right for such comments? If it's the case, that would be an argument by authority, which is a logical fallacy.

Actually the post that Bernhard was commenting on contained a logical fallacy by including the phrase "needless to say" when he was merely expressing an opinion, one which obvioulsy is not shared by others. Do you really want someone to start monitoring your posts for language skills or logical consistency? I hardly think that Bernhard needs to justify his remarks to you.

Actually the post that Bernhard was commenting on contained a logical fallacy by including the phrase "needless to say" when he was merely expressing an opinion, one which obvioulsy is not shared by others. Do you really want someone to start monitoring your posts for language skills or logical consistency? I hardly think that Bernhard needs to justify his remarks to you.

I'm glad you said it DB. Thankyou. My initial response was to strictly comment on that part of his post, but I figured I would leave it alone becuase it would have strayed from the thread topic and I didn't want to start trouble. I'm not here to monitor and bring someones illogical consistencies to the forefront, even if it is directly warranted. Thats your job.. lol.

The great thing about DrummerWorld is that the members here are kindly and graciously granted freedom of expression from Bern when it comes to thier opinions. As much as I love this place.. I tend to cringe at some of the post I read and think to myself.. "am I the only one who caught that" and become baffled when there is no accountablity or rebuttle. Most of the time I chalk it up to a member using a phrase in a context that they don't fully understand. I'm glad you pointed it out... lol.

Back