Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Those are Yamaha XPpads. The cymbals sound terrible!!!!

thanks for the help... so I looked at the pads themselves but I was referring more to the chrome hardware. is the whole kit mounted to chrome hardware? does the hardware come as a kit or is it just regular drum hardware pieced together?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-10 at 11.34.23 AM copy.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-10 at 11.34.23 AM copy.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 278
You would think that he had the best sounds picked for this video thought. Who knows. I wouldn't of put up this video until they had better sounds. This set electronic drums backwards. My roland cymbals sounded better 25 years ago. They are nice clean looking pads though. I like the feel of the new Yamaha. My Roland mesh are pretty bouncy.

Those cymbals are the new gen 16 hybrid cymbals from Zildjian. They are an acoustic cymbal (very low acoustic noise) that have individual mics under each cymbal…these mics plug into a zidjian DSP engine (module) that then takes the sound generated and puts out an enhanced cymbal sound…the jury is still out on these..great idea, but I think it needs a little more work…that being said…e-cymbals are generally one of the weak links on an e-kit...

Those cymbals are the new gen 16 hybrid cymbals from Zildjian. They are an acoustic cymbal (very low acoustic noise) that have individual mics under each cymbal…these mics plug into a zidjian DSP engine (module) that then takes the sound generated and puts out an enhanced cymbal sound…the jury is still out on these..great idea, but I think it needs a little more work…that being said…e-cymbals are generally one of the weak links on an e-kit...
Hey Scorch. Those things sound terrible compared to what you and I are already playing. Think they should of waited a bit before releasing don't you think?

Hey Scorch. Those things sound terrible compared to what you and I are already playing. Think they should of waited a bit before releasing don't you think?

Yea Sticks probably…I think you can tweak them some and make them sound better..but I do think they need some work…I was really hoping these would be "all that"..but there not quite there yet…hopefully Zildjian doesn't give up on it and continues to improve the product, cause I think there's a market for it...

Yea Sticks probably…I think you can tweak them some and make them sound better..but I do think they need some work…I was really hoping these would be "all that"..but there not there yet…hopefully Zildjian doesn't give up on it and continues to improve the product, cause I think there's a market for it...
Well Roland or Yamaha should pic up on it, and they could make it work. They have the know how! Zildjian will be just outsourcing everything to electronic companies.

It looks like the whole kit is mounted to chrome hardware? Its the first I've seen without the rubber tube look for hardware. Is that correct? does the hardware come as a kit or is it just regular drum hardware pieced together?

It looks like the whole kit is mounted to chrome hardware? Its the first I've seen without the rubber tube look for hardware. Is that correct? does the hardware come as a kit or is it just regular drum hardware pieced together?

Pretty sure it is all mounted on a Yamaha Hex rack. The hex tubing has a frosted,stainless finish.

DW-Stainless/round
Tama-Stainless/round
Gibraltor-chrome/round
Yamaha-frosted silver stainless finish/hexagonal
Pearl-bare aluminum,black painted steel/square

I went to Guitar Center and the guy said you can use regular chrome drum stands to mount the electronic pads and cymbals. Is that true?

I'm looking for the most compact and portable solution and i have a very small setup (4-piece drums, hats, ride, 1 crash). I also figure to save $ I could use my existing hardware for my acoustic kit to mount the electric kit.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I went to Guitar Center and the guy said you can use regular chrome drum stands to mount the electronic pads and cymbals. Is that true?

I'm looking for the most compact and portable solution and i have a very small setup (4-piece drums, hats, ride, 1 crash). I also figure to save $ I could use my existing hardware for my acoustic kit to mount the electric kit.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Yes, as long as the L-arms you have fit in the hole of the e-Tom you are mounting.

Back