What to do with old drum sticks?

Add one more vote for kindling. Broken sticks work alright in the fireplace during winter. I'd love to try the whole "kill a vampire" thing too though...

1) Autograph a few.
2) Bring them to your next gig.
3) Find some pretty girls digging your music.
4) Toss the sticks out to those girls between songs.
5) Pop in a piece of minty gum.
6) Go talk to those girls after your set.

Rinse & Repeat

With a hundred busted sticks laying around, you should be busy well into the new year. ;-)

I could've have put it any better. I second this idea. lol

dowel joints,
I needed one to put an Ikea dresser together, one of the dowels was missing, so I whittled a piece of old stick into a perfect substitute.

I had quite a collection going a few months ago. I bundled them all up and sold them on eBay. I certainly didn't make my money back...but it's better than nothing!

hi i know a child who is just getting really into drum. he cant really afford lost of sticks. please can u help it would be such an amazing thing to have them. even just a couple.

I throw 'em out. Well, some of them I use as decorations in my room, just to get that rockstar charisma. But I see no point in collecting them.

Yeah i've given a couple away as "vampire Slayers"
but most of em i keep in a box in my room
alot of those sticks have memories tied to them
so
other than sentimental goo-goo-ga-ga
there's no reason to keep them just chuck em

If they're not too broken i just wrap duct tape around them and use them for practice til they break again

In high school, i made a model bicycle out of old sticks for an art project haha

Hi there , i really really need to take drum sticks. Can you give me ? If you want to donate to someone . Plz help me .

I had an idea a while back...

I wanted to take all my broken sticks and cut off the broken end with a saw so they were all the same length then use a wood rasp to smooth off the cut ends. Next with a drill press put 2 holes on opposite sides of the stick so I count strap them all together with a metal rod or a long threaded bolt. Then mount this guy on the side of my floor tom and I'd have a giant guiro.

If anyone steals this idea please post a pic...

I've taken a liking to just slapping on some duct tape halfway down when the start splintering from the rimshots. Keeps them together for longer.
xoxo

I use them for self defense.

Usually when I break a stick it's all at once. I almost never chip them away. Once in awhile a tip will fly off, but generally it's about half of the stick that gets shimmed off and it's like...whoops...

I fixed my bed with mine...

2s1tc7q.jpg

I use my sticks until they are dead.

I hit quite light so i never expect it but sometimes half a stick breaks off and hits me in the face =P

Flying bits and pieces have dented the wall by my drumkit.

Back