Mystery Clamp?

pockyslam

Hi all,

I found this piece with some other drum gear, and wasn't quite sure what it's for. The diameter of the clamp is too small to mount to pretty much any stand without affecting the disengage lever (in the middle). There aren't any labels, brands or markings on it other than "patent pending" and "USA / 7"

Does anyone recognize this piece or know what's its use is? I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out :)

thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 284
It is an ancient Chinese pain device for training drummers to keep their pinkies in. From The Ming Dynasty. Back then Chinese products were made in America.

That is a clip-on drum key holder.
BDSM drummers like to clamp those on their nipples.

Last edited:
Looks like something you would use to castrate a bull with.

I actually have one of these key rings. I found it on the ground at a concert with an AHead brand drum key attached to it.
No, I don't clamp it to my nipples! :)
I don't use it at all actually. It sits in a drawer full of other assorted crap that I have collected.

Looks like a keyring intended to clamp securely onto a piece of cliothing so it doesn't get lost.

The fact that Bob found it on the ground indicates it doesn't work very well. :)

Bermuda

ita a ahead clip key.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ahead-Klip-it-Drum-Key-101179133-i1275490.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CICS4q3hrboCFUlyQgod_WUAgw&kwid=productads-plaid^32412584801-sku^101179133@ADL4GC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^13625725601

ita a ahead clip key.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ahead-Klip-it-Drum-Key-101179133-i1275490.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CICS4q3hrboCFUlyQgod_WUAgw&kwid=productads-plaid^32412584801-sku^101179133@ADL4GC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^13625725601

Bingo. I bought one yesterday oddly enough. I needed a key, and this was the cheapest one. Quite fond of it, actually. I wish there was a quick way to release the key from the clip, because I don't like having to manage that big hunk of plastic when I'm messing with my drums.

Back