There's Sex Wax Everywhere!!!

Hi guys, I knew by posting this it was going to bring out the school boys/girls in ya lol.

I actually dont use it anymore but when i did i would only use a small amount where i would hold the stick but it still managed to get all over my cymbals (especially hi hits). i'll try using a hair dryer and wiping it off when it melts as i dont want to put water or soap anywhere near my cymbals

Hi guys, I knew by posting this it was going to bring out the school boys/girls in ya lol.

I actually dont use it anymore but when i did i would only use a small amount where i would hold the stick but it still managed to get all over my cymbals (especially hi hits). i'll try using a hair dryer and wiping it off when it melts as i dont want to put water or soap anywhere near my cymbals

Soap and water will NOT harm your cymbals.JUst use some Dawn Dish soap on a sponge and hot water,and rub it till the wax comes off.Then dry completely with paper towels,and follow up with a soft cloth of micro fabric cloth.Wearing cotton gardening floves will also prevent any finger prints or body oil deposits

Whoever told you that you can't use soap and water on a cymbal is completely incorrect.I've been at this a long time,and I wouldn't give you bad advice.As long as you completely dry the cymbal,there will be no adverse effects or oxidation.

Steve B

cool, my drum teachers years ago told me never to use soap and water so being gullible I took his word as gospel. thanks fo rthe advise buddy, didnt mean any disrespect

No worries,I never thought for a second that you meant any disrespect.Good luck with the cymbals.

Steve B

I use this stuff on my surf board all the time! They way you get it off a surfboard is to put your board in the sun and let the wax heat up so you can just take it off with something like a spatula or paper towel. Also you a hair dryer works as well! Hope this helps

Back