Camcorder suggestions (recording drums)

N

nhzoso

HI,

Going to buy a cheap camcorder to record some drum playing as I have never watched myself play. Any recommendations for a camcorder to record drumming at say a $300 maximum?

I will not have my kit Mic'd either, if that matters.. Maybe down the road I will mic up though. Would also like something that I can easily put onto a computer if thats possible at this price.

Thanks

Your easiest entry into doing something like this would probably just be a webcam. I don't know if your computer is in the same room as your drums (or if you have a laptop). But, most webcams have some sort of mic these days. That would be an inexpensive way to do what you want, since you're not mic'd up or anything.

If you're not miking anything up, the Zoom Q3 with it's better-than-average stereo microphone is the way to go. In fact, I'd like to sell mine, it's in mint condition!

My video of the drum solo on the Tama Bubingas was done with the Q3 just set up in front of the kit if you want to see what it can do.

If you're not miking anything up, the Zoom Q3 with it's better-than-average stereo microphone is the way to go. In fact, I'd like to sell mine, it's in mint condition!

My video of the drum solo on the Tama Bubingas was done with the Q3 just set up in front of the kit if you want to see what it can do.

WOW I did not even know such a thing existed but thats exactly what I am in the market for. What would you want for the q3? I am looking at the q3hd also but there is only one review on that one and the complaint sounds the same as the q3 regarding lighting.

BTW that was a kick ass solo, thats the kind of drumming I aspire to someday..excellent job bro.

Back