Axis Longboards vs. Bigfoot Trick Pedals

I'm looking to buy either the Trick or the new Demon Drive (waiting to test it out).

Chris Adler switched from Axis to Trick. I played with Axis pedals in the store, idk they just feel cheap to me

I'm looking to buy either the Trick or the new Demon Drive (waiting to test it out).

Chris Adler switched from Axis to Trick. I played with Axis pedals in the store, idk they just feel cheap to me

Both are good pedals no doubt. I always comes down to what feel you want. No one can really tell you.

My plug for Trick has to do with performance based outside of personal perception. In other words, I can't tell you what feels better for you, only about the pedals performance in and of themselves.

Tricks are silent, fast, solid, sturdy. They are the Rolls Royce of pedals. But if you are looking for a particular feeling, only playing them will tell you if they are right for you.

I love em!!

John "Crash" Jones
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWolvesRock

I've been playing Axis pedals for over ten years and love them! My only complaint is that the material they are made from, which I believe is aluminum, wears down too quickly. The result is that what are initially amazingly quiet pedals--mechanically speaking--eventually start to rattle and need fairly regular adjusting, especially where the foot board meets the base. In every other respect they are excellent.

I've been playing Axis pedals for over ten years and love them! My only complaint is that the material they are made from, which I believe is aluminum, wears down too quickly. The result is that what are initially amazingly quiet pedals--mechanically speaking--eventually start to rattle and need fairly regular adjusting, especially where the foot board meets the base. In every other respect they are excellent.

Bearings do wear out, I just replaced my AXIS (1/4") bearings.

Nothing rattles though, I think you might have a loose screw.

I too am in the market for a new pedal, my DW5000 Delta has seen better days.

I tried the 9002 and the main pedal was silky, the slave was not. It seems silly to have two different drive systems on a double pedal and I could not adjust. (if you know or have played the 9002, you know what I mean) My initial reaction was to go to the 5000 accelerators as that is the "feel" I am used too. (save my wonderful old Speed-King; still works like a charm and use it on Jazz gigs)

I have now set my sights on Axis AL-2's. I am willing to go through the "break-in"/"get used too" periods.

My question has anyone played or heard anything about DW's new "heel-less" option the 5000ADH? It looks quite interesting and it seems they are trying to create their own "long-board" style pedal. Any input is much appreciated.

PS: I am also of the thinking it is the drummer, NOT, the pedal.

Have a look around at what the like's of Weckl, Erskine, Thompson, and many many more are playing; 5000's or flying dragon's or another "mid-range" type pedals. It ain't the pedal that makes the drummer, but as another post mentioned, a pedal is just like a pair of shoes, whatever feels right.

That said, has anyone felt the 5000 ADH, single or double? Also what is the major difference between the Axis AL and XL series?

Many Thanks!

Back