Question for live click

Majority of my band's set are the same bpm throughout the entire song. I have one song in particular that starts at 85pm and then before the refrain it rests for one measure and then begins the refrain at 90bpm. It was recorded this way in the demo (prior to joining the band) and I'm wondering if there's any solution that can change the tempo quickly at the one so that I'm not fumbling with my phone to change the tempo mid-song?

##edit##
I should also add that it's our closing song. The beginning of the song is just the rhythm section while our singer introduces the band, so I can't create a click track for this song. I could but since our singer takes a variable amount of time unless we rehearse the closing song from start to finish. The app I'm using is called Tempo which can be bought thru the Android play store or on Apple App store. Love to hear your inputs

I'd say play that last song without a click... or use the click only to count the start of the song... then play it on feel... do it a few times in rehearsal...

I was able to play the first half and then without the click afterwards, it feels weird but I guess I could just not play with the click altogether.

Tempo lets you save presets. Maybe you can stop the click, change presets, and then start at 90bpm during that one-measure rest. That would be kind of busy though. I'd either use click for just half of the song (first or second, up to you), skip it altogether, or change the tempo so that the first and second half are the same.

I have to play my whole set to a click. I just have pre recorded clicks for each track so the tempo changes are already set. I have a little table that clamps on to my hi-hat stand. I put the tracks on a playlist on my ipad/pod and set it on the stand so I can just change to the next track in between songs.

I use the Tempo App by frozen ape. You can program your entire set list. I also got this app called liveBPM it was $4. It detects your tempo, I tested it out I set my iphone on the front seat and played a tune that I knew what the tempo was, it picked up the tempo and was dead on. I used it at my last gig, it picks up the tempo of just the singers. I dont know how it works but its pretty cool.

Back