(The Onion) Ad For Drummer Personally Attacks Old Drummer

Oddly enough, while I am aware of no local band actually named Machu Picchu, this does indeed look like the bulletin board at the local music store here in Wenatchee, Washington. I'm stopping by after work to check.

And we do have a somewhat insular little hardcore/post-hardcore music scene hereabouts. I bet someone I know can tell me which local drummer inspired this ad.

This ex-drummer sounds like some guitarists I've met. haha.

But reminds me of the time I can across a band looking for a drummer. They were a good band I thought. The ex-drummer was excellent. But at the audition, all they did was rag on the old guy's playing. It occurred to me on the way home, the issue wasn't the ex-drummer, the issue was the rest of the band!

I'm sure Mr. Prima Donna will be there to help load and unload the drums as well. What a piece of shyte

... the issue wasn't the ex-drummer, the issue was the rest of the band!

That's my feeling here. If a group keeps such a terrible (non-friend) member long enough to be that irritated by him, then that says a lot about the quality of the band - or lack. Seems some people think they are better than they are ... a rare thing in the band scene :)

Based on the ad, sensible drummers wouldn't touch that band with a barge pole.

That's my feeling here. If a group keeps such a terrible (non-friend) member long enough to be that irritated by him, then that says a lot about the quality of the band - or lack, with a strong aftertaste of delusion.

Based on the ad, sensible drummers wouldn't touch that band with a barge pole.

Well, they complained he played the same repetitive drum parts over and over again (which wasn't true).

The fact was they wrote the same song over and over again.

As might be expected, I went to the only music shop in town and they don't use magnets, they use pushpins. Also, none of the long timers recognize the band name. What has the world come to, where the Onion makes up stuff that never happened?!!?

Meanwhile, it's probably the guitar player screwing up the tempo.

Former douch band members attacking the drummer for something he did or possibly, did not do.

Band politics,and possibly a lack of a sense of time without a click playing in their ears,may have something to do with such a gracious,endearing and touchingly sensitive parting of the ways.

Thanks former band mate for putting up with our childish wining egos,afterall,we are the stars...your just a drummer.

We're making the sacrifice of not having a life,a girlfriend,personality,maturity and a clue and we expect you to do the same.

If you think it's easy living in your mothers basement,getting up at 2 PM every day,playing matathon nintendo games,tuning your guitar for an hour and at the age of 35,knowing that you'll always be a basement rockstar,and a legend in your own mind is easy...then think again bucko.

If you, as a drummer ,can't chuck your life,girlfriend and the last shred of self worth you have,then you're not like the rest of us.

We're so jealous of you, we can't stand it and at times we pray for a quick death,or the courage to gouge out our eyes with a dull, rusty spoon,so we don't have to look at ourselves in the mirror anymore.

How original and refreshing.

Good riddance to those "band mates".You ,as a drummer, can always find another band.

These guys couldn't find their ass with both hands and a flashlight(torch).

Steve B

Back