Complaining

Coldhardsteel

Gold Member
I just want to get my disappointment out.

I'm a Vic Firth guy, all the way. My drumsticks are American Heritage 7A's, my brushes are Steve Gadd sigs, and what I used until recently for tenor mallets were Tom Aungst Tenor Hybrids.

Today I got the equipment list for the coming season, and I'm required to get a pair of Innovative Percussion mallets.

I'm not a big fan of aluminum mallets in the first place, but Innovative Percussion? Really?

My heart was crushed... ;_;

I'll counter your complaining with some brushing off and indifference, followed by a brief mention of personal experience with said product that you take superficial issue with:

Big deal. At least you get to play tenors. I have some Innovative Percussion glockenspiel, vibraphone, xylophone, and marimba mallets. They're great. Not because they are or are not Innovative Percussion, but because they sound good and are excellently crafted...

Complaining is a reoccuring trend in the youth today. I know, im 22 myself, so im hardly a wealth of experience.
Complaining is fine when there is something to complain about, but not when its not being able to use your faviourite brand of sticks. Its just sticks, man.
When I was first starting out, one of my sticks broke at the tip, so i taped it up, turned it round and kept going, because I was playing DRUMS! How awesome is that! I wish people could get back to that.

What's that saying about it being about the Indian, not the arrow? However it goes, it applies here. I really don't get the almost OCD brand loyalty thing - it's drumming: be glad you're doing it.

If someone tried to get me to smoke a different cigarette I'd be resistant, I get brand loyalty to a point. But if I was fiending I don't think I'd turn down a different brand offered and wait until I get mine.

Point is a chance to play is worth more than a pair of vics.

Back