Dave DiCenso

Dave's pretty much leading everyone in terms of the package deal. He gets the notion that drumming can be a language that is spoken. He's got an amazing vocabulary, constantly uses dynamics, and has a deep pocket. He's ridiculous.

Dave DiCenso also played on Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci's solo CD "Suspended Animation". Killer playing on that one. Great instrumental guitar music, too. Very melodic compared to DT's more recent output.

Hadn't come across Dave.

I was blown away by his spot on the Modern Drummer Festival 2008 DVD.

Absolutely phenomenal playing - groove, technique, musicality, power.

Intend to check out more of his playing....

Dave DiCenso also played on Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci's solo CD "Suspended Animation". Killer playing on that one. Great instrumental guitar music, too. Very melodic compared to DT's more recent output.

I was just listening to that album a couple days ago. Awesome drumming. Jaws of Life? Ohhh yeaaah. I hope Thomas Lang gets the call for Petrucci's next album though. I would love to see his creative input behind Petrucci's guitar. They gotta keep that bass player Dave LaRue too, he's great.

My favorite bands that he's been in are Mystery Jones from the 90's. And then he was in 2 Ton Shoe. I know he was touring with Josh Grobin for a while(but don't hold that against him. lol). The drumming is so good. I think he has a website. Dave is the best drummer I've ever seen live. And I've seen Portnoy in a small club. Different styles but I prefer Dave.

Back