Brian Tichy

Well I didnt see any threads on Tichy. He's currently behind the kit in Whitesnake, he plays on their latest record Forevermore, and does a fantastic job, especially on the tracks, Steal Your Heart Away, My Evil Ways and Dogs In The Street. He also was a major part in the Bonzo: The Groove Remains The Same, he was one of the key organizers and the first performer, playing Immigrant Song. In my opinion hes one of the best rock drummers out there today, opinions?

Attachments

• 117.8951-big.jpg
    117.8951-big.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6,553
  • normal_IMG_0513.jpg
    normal_IMG_0513.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,371
  • 13.38898-big.jpg
    13.38898-big.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,640
  • 49.7528-big.jpg
    49.7528-big.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,277
I remember the first time I saw hm play. I went to Ozzfest, and I had no idea Ozzy had a different drummer for this one summer tour. Brian blew me away.

I've since seen him at the Randy Castillo memorial and at The Groove Remains the Same.

He IS the best pure ROCK drummer out there now. It is amazing how hard he hits, with such authority, with great chops and feel as well.

And the sick thing is he is a really good guitar player as well, and not a bad singer. For a while he was fronting his own band.

I saw Brian play with "Lynch Mob" in the summer of 2010 I was very impressed.He played a Ddrum vista kit in Bonham sizes. He hits real hard and is a very solid drummer. He was wearing a Keith Moon Tee Shirt which I thought was cool. I have not seen or heard him with Whitesnake yet. He seems to be very in demand. He has big shoes to fill being the drummer in Whitesnake. Paice, Cozy,Dunbar, Tommy Aldridge were all Monster players in their own right.

I saw him play with Sass Jordan in 1994 and Slash in 1995. He is a really good, solid and tasteful rock drummer indeed.

Being an old WS fan, I must say that I find it somewhat difficult to connect with their music since they went all American and lost their blues roots along the way. The more metal sound they adopted since 1987 is less my cup of tea than the great blues influenced rock they played with the original band.

I've seen them with Chris Frazier in 2008 and must say that Chris did not fit the band's style IMHO. Tichy is probably more at home as I feel he understands the blues better than Chris.

"Forevermore" is not an amazing album as the songs are not that strong. In my views, "Good To Be Bad" had better songs on it. However, Tichy's drumming saves the day.

I will definitively check out S.U.N as I am a huge Sass Jordan fan.

the speed bag stuff he does are awesome, he played on vh1 classics that metal show with the speed bag it was wicked.

I'm looking through Drummerworld list of drummers and no Brian Tichy. I've been drumming since age 10. I am now 62. Rock is my game. So I THINK I can pick a good drummer when I see one. I watched this guy through a whole Foreigner concert. Thank goodness for once they also showed drummer performing instead of just the front man. After all people. The drummer IS the back bone and a BIG part of the show. DON'T HIDE AND IGNORE the dude (or gal). All I have to say is this Brian Tichy is not only one of the top drummers I've ever seen, (and I mean awesome), he is a GREAT showman. Even if there is a big selection of good drummers, most of them just sit like a lump and play. Maybe shake their big bushy hair or twirl a stick occasionally. And actually, when most do that, it's a cover up because they can't do much more than keep a beat. I absolutely loved watching Tichy. He flows with the song with outstanding movement and awesome licks. I just had to get this out there because he needs to be on the drummer list of rock greats. If you get a chance to see him play, please do. Youtube has a bunch on him. Watch one of his solos on Youtube. If someone can help get him on the drummers list, PLEASE DO.

agreed ! i am a jazz / funk guy mostly but love Brian's playing & attitude. did you see his Bonham lick thing from NAMM (4 days of mini lessons) ? also trying to set up a speed-bag / bass drum like he does at home or on tour. such a great idea. check his "id hit that" podcast as well.

Back