Brian Viglione

Fuse

Since I didn't find thread about him I wondered if you've already heard of him

Brian Viglione is the drummer of the Dresden Dolls (I'm watching their DVD right now, so I was inspired to write this) and in my opinion he's one of the best drummers today.

His studio perfomance is already great but I had the chance to see him live and he kind of blew me away. A true one man show behind the drums

so I suggest you check out their live vidz

so long

yea,
saw the dresdendolls 3 times live...
AMAZING.
Brian should MOST DEF. have a place here at drummerworld.
came from nowhere to my allmost-all-time-favorite. :)
really
check'm!

EDIT after 2 days:
still think it's strange that not more persons react here.
Brian's really GREAT and it's worth checking out his music & playing at: www.dresdendolls.com

Last edited:
i had heard about the dresden dolls but never really heard them and then i saw them at bonnaroo. I was blow away! their performance was phenominal! the biggest shock to me was Brians use of double bass! they started playing and im like already this is cool and then he whiped out some double bass work and i was like "Holy crap! who woulda thought to add double bass to piano bassed music!"
ass soon as i could i went to best buy and bought one of their albums. The studio work is great but of course doesnt hold up to what i saw live. That night he definately became one of my top 5 favorites.

Last edited:
theres this girl in my school names Brianna Viglione and at first i thought someone started a thread for her...lol....double take

I've watched various live performances of the Dresden Dolls on TV recently. They were absolutely incredible, one of the leading lights in today's otherwise fairly contrived music scene. I have to get some of their albums. Needless to say Brian plays perfect parts, accenting chord changes and playing 'music' as opposed to 'just playing the drums'. Such an expressive band. Truly great.

Huge bump for brian, he is a complete animal on the drums. Adding metal stylings to piano drivin caberet is intense; his style I wouldn't call drumming at all, i'd discribe it more as percussive, or voicing- whatever. They're touring all around the world now so check em out. Seeing their dvd got me into them in the first place so I highly reccomend you pick up the dvd, its worth the $20 or however much it costs.

Just got back from Leeds festival where we watched the Dresden Dolls and Brian blew me away, his style and the sound of the kit was immense, certainly one of my favourite drummers now and that's only after watching him for 40minutes.
Check out this live video to see what people are on about, and some very very cools double bass: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sgs0hvEEw7k

once more i'd like to bring Brian under attention...i don't know if the dresden dolls are famous in USA but here they're becomming (already are) quite a big deal. And Brians drumplay is has a mayor hand in that...so i really would suggest to Bernhard to try to putting him on this site.

my 2 cents...

This dude is so under-rated. A XXXXamazing drummer with true purpose in his playing... If you haven't seen him play live with either Dresden Dolls or World/Inferno then you're missing out

Last edited by a moderator:
Back