Should I warn them???

Phew, for one minute, I thought you meant me. I do play wind chimes, but we're not a custom drum manufacturer.

Semi-custom? big box? hacks?/ i dont know what you call yourselves but YES i was referring to you. your a thorn in my side and the wind chimes put me over the edge, that and your bass player sipping the pint of newcastle!

Then there was that other guy (forget his username) who got very upset because other members would dare to "muscle in" on his drummer chick attracting thread. Seriously deluded individual.

Ah, that'd be Trevor the drummer......his time here was fleeting. I only recall him because of some hilarious PM's and messages he left. Wish I still had them. Great stuff!!

Trevor was a muppet of the highest order......and he didn't know it, which made it all the funnier.

FWIW, I miss Bongo John.........and Trevor for that matter. Two guys who no matter what they did, always made you feel better about yourself.........because they shone a bright light on just how much worse it could all be. :)

Ah, that'd be Trevor the drummer......his time here was fleeting. I only recall him because of some hilarious PM's and messages he left. Wish I still had them. Great stuff!!

Trevor was a muppet of the highest order......and he didn't know it, which made it all the funnier.

FWIW, I miss Bongo John.........and Trevor for that matter. Two guys who no matter what they did, always made you feel better about yourself.........because they shone a bright light on just how much worse it could all be. :)

This guy?

http://www.bongojohn.com/bio.html

I actually miss Stix. He was always civil to me but I really try to stay out of some of the more argumentative threads. I really prefer to just discuss gear and look at pretty pictures.

I'm still in contact with Kevin if that's who Duncan is referring to. He is well, just made a new snare for me. 14x7 with Slingerland lugs.

I am no friend of Glen's but I agree with Arky that the premise of this thread is unethical. People can change if given the chance. Not saying they will, but they can.

As for DC, I noticed a thread about our drums there a few weeks ago. There was a few misconceptions about what we do, so I thought I'd register to offer clarification, but I think my membership application was declined. Wouldn't let me log in.

Had a look at the forum rules at DC and they seem very strict about promotion of products on the site.

Just checked the thread and I see what you mean. That particular pic has a heavy rack that I've not seen on the other Guru photos and someone there rightly (IMO) pointed out that it detracted from the look. But the false impression is that all Gurus have that heavy hardware which, of course, is not the case.

Once I pay the exorbitant ransom demanded by the organised criminal gang currently holding my new drums hostage I might join DC and post a pic on the thread.

Looks like the OP hasn't offered anything up since he started this thread. Over a week ago. Meanwhile, some cat is talkin' smack about the new Saturns over at DC, so Sticks may be unleashing himself, soon.​

Last edited:
I never really understood why everyone was so concerned with that guy. IMO too much was made of him. I always thought his gimmick was pretty tame, compared to some of this forum's more caustic past misfits. Yeah, I've gotten Glen's pms too, but they were never so bad that I couldn't see them for what they were. Truthfully, I always felt a little sorry for that guy, whereas there were others who trolled me that to this day I would love to punch in the mouth.

Over 7 years here, I've seen dazed and confused, jealous, contemptuous, belligerent and delusional. Then there have been gear hounds. It has been my experience to observe that most are very good guys and I've learned a lot from them. However...I get in some small part where most of you are going with this. It was indeed unusual to see such loyalty for equipment he neither sponsored nor especially cared much about playing....Then to tell your sordid life story on a drum forum. Who does that?

Meh...whatever rocks his boat.

Looks like you guys were right. The friction has begun. I'm going to sit back and quietly watch this unfold. Should be interesting....

And he's still wounded by this ........... "There was a long time jerk on Drummerworld, that would point out how ugly that badges were everytime I put up a pick. Real classy like! " ...... yeah, that's our ex-Glen.

And he's still wounded by this ........... "There was a long time jerk on Drummerworld, that would point out how ugly that badges were everytime I put up a pick. Real classy like! " ...... yeah, that's our ex-Glen.
I think I mentioned it once. I seem to fit the "longtime jerk" description adequately though. TBH, Glen could be referring to a number of members here.

Guys, let him get on with whatever he's trying to achieve.

Back