Show Off Your DW Kit

Isn't this cute. A DW love in. Don't they make those kits any bigger. :)

I almost went with a 28"!

I agree with you saying that 14 " and 16" at DW are deep enough floors. I bought a 16" and an 18" and they are almost too much. Got another DW WITH a 14 and 16 and they are perrrfect...

I use a 14 on the floor when I need a smaller footprint and the 16 when I have more room, love both.

the DW Tom do tend to sound bigger then they are

I just got back into drums after a good 10 yrs. I needed some assistance "tuning" them up. I can get 'em in the neighborhood, but it's always nice to have a real pro fine tune your gear. I wanna give a shout out to Rob of the Sin City Sinners out here in Las Vegas for helping me out and giving me some tips and lessons. Now my kit "Mojlnir" not only wields lightning and thunder, but it also sings!!! If you ever hit Vegas, be sure to check the Sinners out. They totally rock and you're guaranteed to have a good time.

Attachments

• 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 2,116
Isn't this cute. A DW love in. Don't they make those kits any bigger. :)

It happens from time to time...

web.jpg

It happens from time to time...

web.jpg
Now that is what I am talking about. Very nice kit. Two thumbs up buddy. Don't get me wrong, they make beautiful stuff. I just think they want too much money for what you are getting. I can only imagine what my kit would be all DW. :)

Now that is what I am talking about. Very nice kit. Two thumbs up buddy. Don't get me wrong, they make beautiful stuff. I just think they want too much money for what you are getting. I can only imagine what my kit would be all DW. :)

I think the phrase "too much money" is wildly subjective.

Casting relative income differences aside... if you like the sound of other manufacturer's kits, and don't care about being able to be dead specific about your shell's intervals, and don't wish to custom design your own finish, and don't wish to have each shell potentially manufactured with a different laminate design and don't care about getting the world's only set of 8" maple SSC octabans with shells matched to a diatonic scale with custom mounting hardware... then yeah, DW charges too much and you really should be looking elsewhere. Honestly, you really are paying for more than you need if you aren't interested in some sub set of these things and I would be among the first to recommend looking elsewhere. It's not like the other guys don't make great stuff.

But there aren't too many places one can get this level of intense, personally collaborative custom drum design work done for less than what I paid for this kit (if there are any at all). And among those that might be in the ball park, I know of few (well, none, if I'm honest) who can offer every one of the features I took advantage of in the design of my kit. It is the first and only time I've ever purchased a kit that was a dead match for what was in my head in every detail. In its way, it is a work of personalized perfection. To me, that is worth every penny I spent.

And I expect the same will be true of the 13 x 7 x 3/8 cherry/maple Super Solid edge snare I ordered, which will be the first of its kind in existence come this December. Some fraction of the money that I spent on the kit funded the research that led to the Super Solid line. And the money I spent on this snare supports the increase in build options for that line as well. In this way, each purchase is a small investment, and DW has always paid dividends in the form of innovations from which I've been able to benefit.

And for the record, my current house down payment was 29.7 times the cost of my drum kit. The cost of my first house down payment was only 18.2 times the cost of the Tama kit that I purchased around that time frame. From that relative perspective, the Tama kit was a far larger stretch for me financially.

Now, because this is supposed to be an eye candy thread, I'll do my due diligence:

web.jpg

I think the phrase "too much money" is wildly subjective.

Casting relative income differences aside... if you like the sound of other manufacturer's kits, and don't care about being able to be dead specific about your shell's intervals, and don't wish to custom design your own finish, and don't wish to have each shell potentially manufactured with a different laminate design and don't care about getting the world's only set of 8" maple SSC octabans with shells matched to a diatonic scale with custom mounting hardware... then yeah, DW charges too much and you really should be looking elsewhere. Honestly, you really are paying for more than you need if you aren't interested in some sub set of these things and I would be among the first to recommend looking elsewhere. It's not like the other guys don't make great stuff.

But there aren't too many places one can get this level of intense, personally collaborative custom drum design work done for less than what I paid for this kit (if there are any at all). And among those that might be in the ball park, I know of few (well, none, if I'm honest) who can offer every one of the features I took advantage of in the design of my kit. It is the first and only time I've ever purchased a kit that was a dead match for what was in my head in every detail. In its way, it is a work of personalized perfection. To me, that is worth every penny I spent.

And I expect the same will be true of the 13 x 7 x 3/8 cherry/maple Super Solid edge snare I ordered, which will be the first of its kind in existence come this December. Some fraction of the money that I spent on the kit funded the research that led to the Super Solid line. And the money I spent on this snare supports the increase in build options for that line as well. In this way, each purchase is a small investment, and DW has always paid dividends in the form of innovations from which I've been able to benefit.

And for the record, my current house down payment was 29.7 times the cost of my drum kit. The cost of my first house down payment was only 18.2 times the cost of the Tama kit that I purchased around that time frame. From that relative perspective, the Tama kit was a far larger stretch for me financially.

Now, because this is supposed to be an eye candy thread, I'll do my due diligence:

web.jpg

I want to see you play it! :)

Well it is nice to see someone that thinks like me on here. I don't have your money so I had to stick with something I could afford. That is a beautiful kit. Congratulations. When does the second bass come. Looks a little bit light on the bottom, and don't tell me you don't need it. :)

Back