Cool Mic & gear cases for cheap

Nodiggie

Gold Member
Been looking for these for some time. Just thought I'd pass the info on.

My cousin had a few of these cases and told me he found them at Harbor Freight. $24.99.

I ran over and snagged two, one for me and one for my bass player who has this effect pedal fettish, all high-dollar stuff that doesn't get used much. It was driving me nuts seeing these pedals in the jam room floor unprotected getting dusty.

The cool part about these cases is: the bottom foam tray has very small 1/2" perforated squares that you can pull apart to custom fit just about any size and shape you would need. The upper lid has a plastic removable "tool" tray you can use for small tools storage; it is behind the lid foam liner.

Attachments

• cases.jpg
    cases.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 284
  • mics.jpg
    mics.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 269
  • pedals.jpg
    pedals.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 256
Cool cases! Makes me think... I have an Audix DP-7 drum mic set and some extra foam, and while the mics are embedded in the foam, some accessories (mic holders) aren't - thanks for the suggestion, I'll take care of it right now.

Cool! I got one of these cases from Home Depot for $19.99, but the foam was a little wimpy. I had some extra 2" thick camping pad foam laying around, so I cut it to shape for the case, mics, and mic clips. And, as luck would have it, I haven't needed to transport more than 4 mics since then! :(

Yeah Caddy...my cousin said that's where he used to get them but they no longer have them around here.

Arky....didn't know Harbor Frt. was that big of a company... I see you are a few miles from Cali.

Nodiggie,
sorry for the confusion - I was off-topic, I wasn't aware of that manufacturer. Those pics with the organised stuff and stomp boxes inspired me to make some foam pad myself (which I just did) to supplement my stock Audix DP-7 micro set.

See pic - the foam at the right is the original one with all the mics supplied. This foam works as the top layer inside the Audix mic case but the mic holders were just rattling inside. Being inspired by your thread, I took some spare foam and prepared some cutouts for all the stock holders and additionally for 2 Neumann condenser clones which I bought extra. Now everything is neat and secure, no rattling. I bought this mic set just in case, haven't used it myself yet. (I lent it to a metal band and they pretty liked the sound though.) That was before I got into drums, just to be 'prepared'. (I do have a home studio.)

Thanks again for prompting me to finally do something about the case disorder ;-)

EDIT
Those chrome mics are Neumann _clones_ (by BPM), NOT Neumann ;-) BPM was founded by an ex Neumann engineer who used a similar design. BPM mics come up on ebay Germany regularly so I bought a matched pair.

Attachments

• Audix DP-7_4.jpg
    Audix DP-7_4.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Hello...Neumann....

(as said by Jerry Seinfeld)

Back