MAPEX 500 PEDAL

Well I have the version of that pedal from 2000 and it has been working perfectly for me for a solid 10 years of use. The only reason it was replaced was because I was looking for a change.

The main difference I see between the two different years is that it has different bars connecting the heel plate from the front. As seen below.

559894.jpg

So i recommend this pedal for sure, although if you're serious about playing with a double pedal I would suggest getting a higher end pedal.

-Jonathan

pass of era...that is also a mapex p750a... this is a mapex 500. they are the same brand but different pedals...thanks anyways though

Nah pass of era linked the old version of the mapex 500, the 750 had dual chain, the one your looking at is the newer version :]

I have an older version of this pedal circa 2004. There is a small metal piece that attaches the chain to the petal that snapped in half. I don't think this is a common problem at all, however. The pedal served me well until I went to my DW5000. Overall, it's a good enough pedal. But it's just that- good, not great. It would probably be worth saving up and buying a bit better of a pedal.

Sorry I should have been more clear, that pic was just to show the different base. My pedal actually looks like this:
attachment.php

Either way, if Mapex still makes the pedals the same (quality wise) you'll end up with a fine pedal.

-Jonathan

I've got the 500 double. Definately worth the £99.99 I spent on it.

Great tension, good speed, stays put, doesn't fall to bits.

Also, small enough to move around easily and quite light.

Back