Hannah Ford

Best part of all is that hater girl who came on here a few years ago trashing Hannah about how she doesn't have the skills required of a professional drummer. And now Hannah's got a gig with Prince and the hater girl has vanished into the ether.

I love a good comeuppance.

Knee deep in schadenfreude,
8Mile

Yeah, sometimes I'll never understand the human condition regarding that hate stuff. People just have to be genuine and plug away and what they do. More power to anybody landing a gig period. There's so little work out there compared to how many players there are that it's good to see people moving onward and upward, eh?

Best part of all is that hater girl who came on here a few years ago trashing Hannah about how she doesn't have the skills required of a professional drummer. And now Hannah's got a gig with Prince and the hater girl has vanished into the ether.

8Mile

I believe that was http://drummerworld.com/forums/member.php?u=31875 (DrummingApril). She also said that Jojo Mayer couldn't/shouldn't play jazz because he somehow hadn't played it long enough(jojo started playing jazz) and that Steve Hass is the best drummer in the world. She also had some kind of white knight that constantly followed her around and kept defending all her posts and such.

8Mile

Yeah, that thread got out of hand.

I thought Hannha had great skill. At the time I was a bit baffled why she had so many endorsements and what the big deal was given she hadn't played with anyone high profile at the time. But clearly, she has since landed a gig with one of the biggest artists of the last 30 years, so there is no question about that now.

Yeah, that thread got out of hand.

I thought Hannha had great skill. At the time I was a bit baffled why she had so many endorsements and what the big deal was given she hadn't played with anyone high profile at the time. But clearly, she has since landed a gig with one of the biggest artists of the last 30 years, so there is no question about that now.

She isn't Jens Hannemann, but nobody's perfect ;)

I believe that was http://drummerworld.com/forums/member.php?u=31875 (DrummingApril). She also said that Jojo Mayer couldn't/shouldn't play jazz because he somehow hadn't played it long enough(jojo started playing jazz) and that Steve Hass is the best drummer in the world. She also had some kind of white knight that constantly followed her around and kept defending all her posts and such.

That's the one!

I didn't know about the Jojo comments. Wow. Just... wow.

Yeah, sometimes I'll never understand the human condition regarding that hate stuff. People just have to be genuine and plug away and what they do. More power to anybody landing a gig period. There's so little work out there compared to how many players there are that it's good to see people moving onward and upward, eh?

Perfectly stated, Bo. The last sentence says it all. It's so tough to make it that I have to tip my hat to anyone who can pull it off in this tough business. Hannah took a lot of flak for having a publicity team around her, but so what? Whatever it takes. You still have to be able to play to get a gig like that. More power to her, I say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannah Ford with Prince is here on Drummerworld:

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/hannahfordprince.html

3RDEYEGIRL - FIXURLIFEUP

Bernhard

Awesome, thanks Bernhard!

I'm happy for Hannah - this is a great opportunity for her. I have always liked her better than the average YouTube-hot-chick-drummer-sensation-of-the-month. I always felt she had a better feel and a more rock-and-roll groove than most. I'm glad to see it's paying off for her!

I saw this band on Monday night at the Montreux Jazz Festival.

What I thought was cool was that Prince is doing some of his older material with this band and everything has a more rockier edge to it.
Has anyone seen this yet?
I would love to hear some old classic Prince done by a rock band.

Yes! It is exactly that: classic Prince songs reworked as a rock band. Like this: http://3rdeyegirl.com/#video-2-2
Plus some tasty new material too.

I loved it. Very cool. Prince at his Hendrix-y best, and the whole band (3rdeyegirl) is great including Hannah, Donna Grantis and Ina Nielsen.

Last edited:
The comments made toward Hanna whether here, on Youtube or else where by low IQ, meathead neanderthals disgusts me and further makes me embarrassed to be a drumming fan, hobbyist and/or enthusiast. Sometimes I wish I never bothered to discover "the drumming community" considering the type of attitudes I've seen over the past couple years.

Also to the previous comment about going "from YT to Prince" is ridiculous and I hope it's just weak trolling skills that's being shown. If you bothered to look up more videos of her, besides the ones you're possibly trying to fap to, you would see she has put in her dues and is quite the talent. IMO her being incredibly beautiful is just a plus to her drumming, not the other way around and here is a video to prove it. If you actually watch the whole thing you'll see she can do more than play 4/4 and smile. I am humbled by her playing and besides that is smart, beautiful, personable and good hearted.

TLDR? And to nobody in particular, get the **** over yourselves. Woman or especially man, it takes a man to admit a woman can do things better and I'd be willing to bet she would BURY quite a few who run their mouths just to look cool or tough when in fact it's just those trying to make up for their lack of talent, if any at all.

Watch it, don't watch it, what ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-80BGWneI8

Hey people can give their thoughts about her, I have no problem with that, then I can give mine, as well as give my opinion about said comments. Also how do you come to the conclusion that my post above was from being in a bad mood or that I see myself as a "god" lol? Maybe it's the tone of voice in your OWN head that makes you think that. IMO the comments about her from those that see nothing but a pair of "ta tas" and "average" skills are the ones who would come across as having a "god" like attitude.

Just sick of seeing hate or haters spewing their bs all the time whether it's Hanna, Lars or anything else. Wouldn't you agree?

Though tbh what good does it do me to sit here and defend her or anyone else for that matter? Not like shes going to come here to say thanks, or at the very least know about it or even give a damn. So yeah you're right. **** it. Seems evil is over riding good these days so my efforts to go against it and stand up for what's right or good just gets lost in the shadow of it all.

Peace.

ID,

I most certainly did NOT lump the whole community in with my post and I don't appreciate you insinuating I did so. I said, in general, those that make said comments toward Hanna or anyone else were meatheads and that because of the attitudes I've seen makes me wish I had never discovered it. I know there's a lot of good in the drumming world as well. Just because I say community doesn't mean I'm just refering to DW. Not to be mean here but learn to comprehend what's said before you pick apart a post because that's twice you took my posts out of context and chose to decipher what you wanted out of it.

I guess I'm just an emotional person and it shows with posts sometimes, especially if I am passionate about it.

Right, I said because of the types of attitudes. Which means certain individuals within the community, not the WHOLE community. I'm not arguing either. I'm just letting you know the meaning behind my posts man. Either you care to understand or don't, that's fine.

I have to lol though and it's nothing new. I stand up and defend a lovely young woman who's outstanding on the drums from those who make ridiculous comments about her and I turn out to be the bad guy. Story of my life. It's all good though.

Wow oddtime74 - where did that all come from? I get your passionate about this but man, that just sounds angry. I saw the "from YT to Prince" comment but I don't think that was meant in any kind of disrespect here. In fact, I don't think there's any disrespect in this entire thread period. Unless things have been deleted and I didn't see them.

Your reactions that you've dumped here will certainly make this thread go the wrong way, and that's not what I meant at all. You can be pro-Hannah without spewing anger at others, man. I'd ask the moderators to delete your comments.

Wow, that changed the thread exponentially!

I got where you were coming from Bo and totally agree. Individual perceptions can be a hell of a thing though...

OK, one more time, in the spirit of getting the thread back thread on track.... :)

I saw the band this week and they were GREAT.

OK, one more time, in the spirit of getting the thread back thread on track.... :)

I saw the band this week and they were GREAT.

I followed the link and heard that new version of "Let's Go Crazy" and must say I love that song now. In fact between "Purple Rain" and now I hadn't been following Prince at all but now it seems I really dig it as he enters this Hendrix-Black Sabbath phase. I'd buy whatever new album he puts out with this band.

Me too. He's entering a very cool new phase and the new material is great. There's some talk of an album coming out, and I for one will be looking out for it!

Back