I don't listen to Led Zeppelin... introduce me!

There seems to be two groups of Led Zep fans - the ones who prefer the shorter rocky songs and the ones who prefer the extended songs.

And another group that likes the slightly slower/more mellow songs (e.g. Goin' to California).

GJS

Don't bother, listen to Rush instead.

Neil Peart is my 2nd favorite drummer Bonzo being first of course. RUSH wouldn't. have their sound if it wasn't. for LZ there first album Alex's tone is almost a carbon-copy of Jimmy Page's tone on LZ1 listen too the end of 'Working Man" & listen too the end of "How many more times" and you'll know what I mean.

Bonzolead

LOL!!

One I couldn't see here (if it's been mentioned and I missed it, then apols).....check out Night Flight off Physical Graffiti. Definitely one of my favourite Bonham drum tracks.....makes the song IMHO.
yes & "Sick Again" is another one & "The WonTon Song" PG is a great album period.

Bonzolead

I can't trust a person that doesn't own at least a half dozen Zeppelin albums. Shows a lack of character if one doesn't.

I can't trust a person that doesn't own at least a half dozen Zeppelin albums. Shows a lack of character if one doesn't.

My Page "fanboy-ism" dictates that I must agree with this....as unbalanced as it sounds....I'm with you all the way. :)

Any of you have young-uns?? I used to play this to my little one when she was a baby. I'm hoping my efforts will set her in good musical order, as she gets older. Awesome introduction to the band and its music: http://www.amazon.com/Rockabye-Baby-Lullaby-Renditions-Zeppelin/dp/B000IFSFY0 ...............it's actually quite clever in the way it's presented. A different spin on some fine songwriting.

I own a couple, I have a viynl of Led Zepplin IV that I cherish.

Not me. I like them all. They're one of the few groups (if not the only group) I can listen to from Zep I to Coda without skipping a song.

Not me. I have to skip "Tangerine" about 99% of the time. I LOATHE that tune.

Not me. I have to skip "Tangerine" about 99% of the time. I LOATHE that tune.
WOW that is one of my fav's off of LZ III the guitar solo isn't. complex or 100 m.p.h. but so damn cool but too each his own. If you're wanting a hard-rockin jammin Zep album LZIII probably's not your choice the rockin' tunes on that album are 'The Immigrant Song","Celebration Day" & "Out of the Tiles".

But if you just want too chill or looking for some Sunday Morning ZEP. LZ III is a fine choice.

Bonzolead

Back