Gibraltar 5607 Hi Hat stand for VH11 HiHat

SonorG

Hi all,

Just started to get back into drumming after a large gap.

I've bought a Roland TD12 so I can practise in the house. I've been out of touch for a good few years now (I used to play a Sonor HiLite).

My Question is will a Gibraltar 5607 HiHat stand be good enough to use with the Roland VH11 V HiHats? I'll not be gigging this but it will get a lot of use.

Also what are the Gibraltar bass drum pedals like? I would normally go Sonor hardware but I think its a little over kill at the moments.

Any advice or suggestions for a HiHat stand and Pedal for around the £100 mark would be class, I know this isn't a lot of money, I've spent most of it on the TD12, my reasoning was buy a better set of VDrums and I can build up to better hardware.

Thanks in Advance
Garrie

hey man, the stand should be fine. as for bass drum pedals, my first double bass pedal was a cheap gibraltar one. it served its purpose for a year or two, and i re-sold it for about 80% of the original price. if you want some specific hardware then i can link you some stuff later, but atm i am about to leave my house for a gig. :)

Hi: I thought I read somewhere about picking a hi-hat stand to be used with the VH-11 and VH-12 hats is to have one that has adjustable spring tension, or strong spring...something to do with the weight of the top hat on both causing "open" problems. Huck

do you have a link for that huck? would be interested to read it!

Back