Your favorite live concert

Funnyman

What was your favorite concert you been to, who's the band, what was it like?

My two favorite concerts I saw was Tool, along with Meshuggah when Thomas Haake played Traid with the band.

The other was Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) during Lights In The Sky tour.

Flaming Lips played a show at our state fair's grandstand a few years back. Epic imagery and motion, the music was something you felt you were a part of rather than just hearing, great show all around and will probably stay in my head until I die.

RRRRRUUUUUSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Blink 182, I just love watching them mess around between songs, joke with each other and do stupid crap.

Overall show... KISS!

But at every show I do go to I pay alot of attention to the drummers to just watch & thier style & check out how they do what they do.

saw YES the 90125 concert..Blew me away and I was not a real big fan at the time.

A very close 2nd would have to be Motley Crue who had just released shout at the devil and they opened up for Ozzie who just released Bark at the Moon. This was an all out azz kicking concert. I still had the red MC T' Shirt a few years ago but I think it got destroyed. Jake E Lee was unreal and does not get enough credit as a great guitarist IMO.

TOOL and SADE

musicianship and talent that is unbelievable. to of the tightest, most precise bands in the world. rarley do you find bands that sound as good or even BETTER on stage.

Lamb of God and Shadows Fall opening for Slipknot

The best part was not Slipknot, even though Joey did his drum solo from the Disasterpiece Dvd. But I've never been impressed with Joey's drumming to be honest.

TOOL and SADE

musicianship and talent that is unbelievable. to of the tightest, most precise bands in the world. rarley do you find bands that sound as good or even BETTER on stage.

Do you mean Slade?.......................

Probably Mastodon on the Crack The Skye tour. They played every song I was hoping they would, was front row for all of Mastodon (caught in moshes for most of the openers), the lighting and sound were excellent, the crowd was amazing, was loud but not too loud to not wear plugs, and I had a lot of "moments" with most of the members. Not to mention I couldn't get enough of this band at the time. Also, all of the openers (still not a fan of Between The Buried And Me though) kicked tons of ass and were just great music and put on a good show!

Another would have to be Metallica. They put on an amazing show, and I was still obsessed with them at the time (I had like a two year phase that was almost nonstop Metallica) and it was just an amazing experience. But Mastodon topped it in almost every area.

Tool back in 2001 Lateralus tour and Dream Theater in 2000 metropolis tour were both great shows
Saw Alice in Chains last Feb. and they were just great live.

Metallica back 91 while they turing on the "Black Album". I forget who opend for them but Metallica was awsome that night. They were a machine back then.

Disturbed last year ( i think). It was a great show but i was still a little dissapointed. I guess i was just expecting more from them.

Creed in 01 Weathered Tour. This was before i actually really listend to them but my wife was a huge fan so i went. I was very surprised at their live show. Alot of fire and pyhro( spelling) and just overall a great show even though i didn't know any of their songs at the time. lol

I guess for me those kinda stand out at the moment.

Blink are my Favorite Band so when I saw them live for the first time I was pretty happy.

But best band I have seen live so far has to be AFI.

to many to choose one,

Some of my favorites I have been to over the years are

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Paul McCartney

UFO - I think it was in 1978

Rush - Many Times

DT Many Times

Just a few

Back