My grind band just recorded an ep

thanks man. this is a joke band me and 2 bandmates from our "real" band started as a funny side project.. the whole point was to make light of how heavy and hardcore people take this grind stuff... so we figured we'd be as heavy and gross as we could yet wear hawaiian shirts and goofy things while playing..

I do double strokes now with my feet to get those speeds. singles top out at 220-230 but i cant hold it for minutes on end... doubles i can do 240ish all day long

the steven slate samples i used with the td20 are pretty crushing too.

Cool stuff!

I grew up on trash metal and some death/ grind stuff, but I could never play that fast myself.

It would be interesting to hear the "real" band you're in, got any links to those songs?

Nice one mate. Vocals not my style but the drumming is top notch.
I see you record with a TD-20 but do you actually gig with it too? There's a guy on the Australian Metal Drummers FB page (yes there is such a thing) who does the same music as you and gigs with a full TD-20 setup.
I was surprised to see E-drums in the death metal arena as I would have thought most death-heads would boo it off the stage!

same here. I never gig with the td20... actually considering selling it as i have 3 kits at home.

I have a pearl masters, a 60's premier jazz kit. and the tdw-20 (with 7 toms)

I use the pearls for my shows and trigger my kick to keep the doubles sounding nice and tight.

only reason i used the td20 for the recording was i learnt and recorded the songs all in the same afternoon. we didn't want to put a ton of effort into mixing a quick joke album as we plan on doing an ep every few months.. Steven Slate triggers make it sound pretty good with the least amount of effort.. For my metal band Dissolution, and my punk bad i play in also, i record on real drums as triggered samples sound nice, but its just not the same

What pedals do you use for double feet strokes? Ive been trying to work on mine but I'm pretty sure my pedal board isnt long enough. I can do it fine on the floor but when it comes to the drums it sounds like poop.

That was the greatest bandcamp site I have ever visited.

LOFL.

Even if it weren't intended as a joke, I would have laughed just as hard.

I really thought there could be more bass drum, though. I heard some spaces in there without bass drum and it was very disappointing!

Back