My favorite sticks

NUTHA JASON said:
vater 5a nylon tips manhatten. thick and strong and long. the way me girl likes her man.

lol man. promark 7A American Hickory wood tipped sticks are my sticks for life. theyre nice and small so i can get greater speed and accuracy with less effort.

my favorite sticks are whatever's in my hands right now... ;-)

Vic Firth - Gadd sigs - all purpose stick w/ nice cymbal response
Vic Firth - SD1 maple - pad work and general practice
Pro-Mark timbale sticks - just to get a different feel and sound
Regal Tip brushes - wood handle, I dunno the #, and I just got a pair of Pro-Mark TB-6 brushes (w/ the heavy wire) and I like them a lot too.

vic firth wood tip 2b. i tried promark, they break too easily. vf's hold up quite well.

currently, promark japan oak ed shaungessey sticks
such a good stick, but ironicly enough, i dont use em for jazz, i pull out these vic firth ride sticks.

Vic Firth 5A nylon tip, Vic Firth 5A wood tip (given for free from my drum instructor), and some cheap off brand 7A, and Vater brushes.

The Vater XDs are nice. I'm currently using the xd-5a. Longer than normal 5a's but very light, lighter than the promark 5a I used before.

*RaZ's thought*...

It's absolutely amazing how such a simple thread topic like this can get soooooooooooooo many various opinons, ideas, facts and heartfelt comments.

Thats what makes D.W............D.W.

OLD Vic Firth 5As at the moment. I picked up an old pair a couple of months ago. They were in a shop with a very low stock turnover and these sticks had been in the corner for about 3/4 years. So much superior to the new firewood Vic Firth produces. They're just nice sticks. Wood tips, after daily use I have no tip wear. Although now I just said that I'm sure to get some.

I got this 10 pack of Sound Percussion [cheap knock off brand] sticks in 5A, and if they still made them I would use for my entire career. They were the right weight, the right height and the wooden tips only really started to break after half a YEAR of bashing all the cymbals and drums. I got the same brand 5A's this year, and they suck! The tips shattered after an hour of playing JAZZ!. Also they felt like 2B's. And I like thinner sticks. Which really pisses me off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

Vic Firth Steve Gadd Signature drum sticks -- they're very nice, and they reward good stick technique, and Pro-Mark 5A's in Japanese Oak -- very well-balanced drum sticks for practice.

Back