Toss Panos

He also played live with Steve Vai and Mike Keneally / Beer For Dolphins. He also did the drums on Lili Haydn's CD "Lili".

Sick drummer, awesome chops and great touch.

Wiki says he also played for Faith Hill and Brett Garsed. Great... now I'll have to go spending more dough to get the Garsed stuff!

Toss is a great drummer! There are many great drummers missing from this site, and there some not so great drummers with pages.That's the music world. What is missing from Toss' resume is a major gig for a long period of time. Toss has played with many great artists, but not for very long( correct me if I'm wrong) and he's not on THAT many recordings that I know of. Nevertheless, he's one of the world's greats. That's for sure.

Toss is just an amazing player. Sick chops, and an odd time master.

Very under rated, and it's surprising he's not more well known.

There are plenty great reasons to post and discuss his (Toss Panos) profile, on here. Go for it.....walk the talk....show some pictures!

Toss is a great drummer! There are many great drummers missing from this site, and there some not so great drummers with pages.That's the music world. What is missing from Toss' resume is a major gig for a long period of time. Toss has played with many great artists, but not for very long( correct me if I'm wrong) and he's not on THAT many recordings that I know of. Nevertheless, he's one of the world's greats. That's for sure.
I just listened to Michael Landau's "Live 2000" double album, Toss knocks you out on this one. Almost Colaiuta-esque I find... Definitely underrated or undermentioned (if that word exists...:p)

True! I have that. If you think for a moment though, as successful as Landau is a sideman, he's still a sideman. Michael Landau is not a name on the music scene as an artist, say as John Scofield, Herbie Hancock, or others. As amazing as he is, people don't rush out and buy his albums. Also, when you said Coliauta-esque you also answered why Panos would be under-rated. In the big leagues drummers don't sound like other drummers. Every top player is original. This can also make someone "less known". If Panos landed gig with say, Sting, or Herbie Hancock, then he would be pushed into more fame as a drummer. That's what I believe anyway.

Interesting point, I suppose if Landau's voice and singing was more sophisticated he'd get more credit, but I believe he is famous and acknowledged among guitarists for his playing.

Well I didn't necessarily mean Colaiuta-esque in a clone sense. I don't want to say he was trying to sound like Vinnie at all. More the way Toss throws in explosive and polyrhythmic stuff in his fills and grooves like Vinnie does. Of course he's nowhere near Vinnie, but then who is :). I thought he actually is quite a demanded drummer, isn't he?

Yes if you notice, the only real big name on there is Robben Ford. I'm not saying his work is not amazing. I was trying to understand why he's not famous like a Keith Carlock. Also, I would never say a professional creative force in drumming is no where close to Vinnie. Vinnie is one particular style. As beautiful as his playing is, it's still subjective. I listen to Steve Hass, Keith Carlock, Brian Blade and Bill Stewart very much. I don't listen to Vinnie very much these days. Vinnie has an approach, and so do other drummers and I really believe it's just a matter of taste. Music is about taste and making choices. many times I feel Vinnie's choices live, are over the top and don't really fit in the music. It's almost as if he's thinking about how he can sound amazing, not how the band can sound amazing. The older I get, the less I like this approach. This another reason why I love Peter Erskine.

Lots of missing drummers. Not really drummer WORLD. Rather, DrummerWEST or drummerUS or something like that.

There happens to be a really good interview with Toss in the current issue (May/June) of Drumhead Magazine w/Mike Mangini on the cover! ...it's another reason why I feel that magazine is great. They go beyond the "flavor of the month" drummers and also spotlight those who are "bubbling" just below the surface, so to speak.

There happens to be a really good interview with Toss in the current issue (May/June) of Drumhead Magazine w/Mike Mangini on the cover! ...it's another reason why I feel that magazine is great. They go beyond the "flavor of the month" drummers and also spotlight those who are "bubbling" just below the surface, so to speak.

Yes, great article (and a great magazine). Earlier tonight I finally had a chance to check him out with Robben Ford on a "New Morning" DVD recorded in Paris a couple of years ago. Good stuff!

Lots of missing drummers. Not really drummer WORLD. Rather, DrummerWEST or drummerUS or something like that.

This site is based out of Switzerland, not the US.

Toss Panos lives in the US.

So I'm not sure what kind of connection you're trying to make.

I paid for a subscription a few weeks back, so I'm hoping I get this issue in the mail soon.

Back