Big Red - The Pearl MCX!

TheAnt

Hey everyone! I'm new to these forums, but I'm a moderator over at the Pearl Drummer's Forum! I thought I'd come here to show off my kit!

Pearl Masters MCX #407 - Red Glass
8x8
10x8
12x9
14x14
20x18

Ludwig Snares:
14x6.5 Black Beauty
14x5.5 Acrolite (May be seen on ground in photos)

Percussion:
LP Conga
LP Egg Shaker
LP Soft Shake
Pearl Ultra-Grip Tambourine
Rhythm Tech Tray
Air Hockey thing (great for muted snare!)

Hardware:
All Pearl Advanced Hardware. 900, 1000, 2000
H-2000
P-3000D

Cymbals: (Sabian unless noted)
18" AAX Stage Crash
20" HH Dark China
10" HHX Evolution Splash
14" HHX Evolution / AAXcelerator Hats
8" AAX Splash
17" HHX Legacy Crash
10" Meinl Byzance Dark Splash
6" Saluda V-Bell over 8" HH China Kang / 8" B8 Splash Stack
22" Artisan Medium Ride
19" HHXtreme Crash
13" Sig Jam Master Hats
14" AAX Mini-China
16" HHX Power Crash

Attachments

• IMG_5148.jpg
    IMG_5148.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 2,620
  • IMG_5150.jpg
    IMG_5150.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 1,921
  • IMG_5151.jpg
    IMG_5151.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 1,870
  • kit_01.jpg
    kit_01.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 1,875
  • kit_02.jpg
    kit_02.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 1,862
  • kit_03.jpg
    kit_03.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 2,091
  • kit_04.jpg
    kit_04.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 1,864
  • kit_05.jpg
    kit_05.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 1,765
  • kit_06.jpg
    kit_06.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 1,769
  • kit_07.jpg
    kit_07.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 1,725
  • kit_08.jpg
    kit_08.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 1,748
  • kit_09.jpg
    kit_09.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 3,109
But now you are all inferior and small mwahaha!!!

only jokin :p

Nice kit mate, I think I've seen it before on PDF

Btw ive tried join the PDF a couple of times but it's still not working. I guess you're the guy to go to?

But now you are all inferior and small mwahaha!!!

only jokin :p

Nice kit mate, I think I've seen it before on PDF

Btw ive tried join the PDF a couple of times but it's still not working. I guess you're the guy to go to?

Try registering. When you do, shoot me the username and e-mail you registered with. I'll have the big guys take care of ya!

K dude cheers for the help.

What are you making of the demon drive btw?

Love your ministack too. Are they cut down cymbals or small splashes/chinas?

I LOVE the Demon. I played them at NAMM, and gave demos of them at NAMM when the Pearl staff was busy with other people. Purchased mine as soon as I un-boxed the shipment at work.

The stack is the following cymbals:

6" Saluda V-Bell
8" HH China Kang
8" B8 Splash

I love your set up. I love the "Not alot of drums but alot of cymbals " philosphy.

Very nice

First of all, gorgeous kit and welcome!! what a sick sparkle finish. Beautifully set up drums. did you put wood hoops on your acrolite? I'd love to hear that.

Welcome! I like that kit. I've been thinking of getting an MCX In those sizes.
I just joined the Pearl forum today as a matter of fact.
I don't have my posting rights there yet.

Beautiful set, love your cymbal layout.

How do the Evo/X-Celerator hats sound? I love both the Evo hats and the AAX X-Celerators, they be a pretty sweet pairing.

Very nice! MCX are excellent drums. bobdadruma, you wouldn't be disappointed. Although, there are some nice deals on Reference kits on eBay these days. ;)

Nice lookin kit you have there !
How does that acrolite sound with the wooden hoops ?

Is that a margarita glass salter on your assesories table ? haha !!

stasz - Yes, I did. It's a custom assembly. I powdercoated the tube lugs and added wood hoops and 42 strand snares! This thing is FAT!

Solaris - I used to play HHX Legacy / AAXcelerators, for about two years actually. I loved how they sounded but needed something brighter. Being an HHX fan, I immediately tried out the HHX Evolution top on it and it worked wonders! They're bright, articulate, and they are not clangy at all! They're the perfect pair of hats! The HHX Legacy / Xcellerators were awesome, too, and I need to buy another HHX Legacy top to make that pair again!

jayblazeff - It's an air hockey thing, actually! I use it as a snare mute

Thats really nice. I've heard bad things about the pedal, but i haven't actually used it for more than about 5 seconds so i couldn't judge.

yes , beautiful set up ! man the one thing i wish we had here in fl. is a basement ! there are some days i just don't want to drag the daughters set out ...
also if you could , post some pics of the acrolite . i'm in the process of customizing one myself . for the tube legs did you have to open the holes ? i have had a hard time finding different lugs with the same spacing as the ludwig lugs .

I got the lugs from AMDrum Parts. They fit perfectly! I told them I had a 14x5.5 Acro that I wanted tube lugs for, and they told me which ones to order!

I'm getting pics of it in the next couple of days! There's a few people that want to see them

Back