My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Dirtysticks

I went into my favorite Pawn shop today to make a payment on the DW Edge R30 I have on layaway and on the shelf was another DW Gem! A DW Collectors Acoustic Equalizer in Natural Satin Oil Finish over Curly Maple.. It instantly caught my eye and the tag showed $189. I jawwed them down to $150 then put it on layaway since I'm still in the midst of holiday shopping. I absolutely love finding gems like this, especially for so cheap! The only thing left to do is put a 3 Position butt plate (which I already have) on it when I bring it home. It already has a Dunnett Throw on it!

Last edited:
Since the tag says the manufacturer is Remo it should be cheap.

Dirtysticks lookout. You will be reported to Children & Youth Services for failure to control your addiction of putting drums on layway. Kidding of course. Have a great holiday.

You know...I have a brother who lives in Houston. I'm going to visit him in the new year now and I'm gonna go to this pawn shop...with cash in hand. It's unreal! You've posted like 5 snare drums from there in the past month, and they're all awesome and relatively cheap.

Neal

Seriously man, chill. You've discovered way too many jems. Time for somebody to take ya down a notch (if ya know what I mean) ; )

Just kidding, DirtySticks. : ) Hope the Arab guy doesn't come around and see this.

Keep positive, you have found a gold mine.

Washington, reliant park or jensen?

I'm gonna setup an account and suck these out via internet before you can get them...lol

I've already said enough my friend... lol

Since the tag says the manufacturer is Remo it should be cheap.

It actually seems overpriced for a "Remo" snare lol

Nice score for sure!

I love it. I've bought many nice drums made by Remo, Evans, and Aquarian.

Thanks, I know I'll enjoy my Remo Weatherking drum! lol

Dirtysticks lookout. You will be reported to Children & Youth Services for failure to control your addiction of putting drums on layway. Kidding of course. Have a great holiday.

At prices like these, I'm ok with being a snare addict!

holy fugg. you rocked it. $150 for curley maple snare ??? #winning.

Exactly, especially for it to be an Acoustic EQ which isn't the most common or cheapest of snares to acquire.

Crazy deal.................I need to look in Pawn shops around here

Yeah, you should but keep at it because most pawn shops have overpriced boo-boo drums if any at all, but there are deals to be found though.

You know...I have a brother who lives in Houston. I'm going to visit him in the new year now and I'm gonna go to this pawn shop...with cash in hand. It's unreal! You've posted like 5 snare drums from there in the past month, and they're all awesome and relatively cheap.

Neal

You should, they really are terrible at pricing their drums.

Seriously man, chill. You've discovered way too many jems. Time for somebody to take ya down a notch (if ya know what I mean) ; )

Just kidding, DirtySticks. : ) Hope the Arab guy doesn't come around and see this.

Keep positive, you have found a gold mine.

I won't chill until either they catch on that their pricing is terrible, or they stop getting this kind of gear in... at prices like these, I'm practically being forced to acquire them.

Nice looking snare, but that lug splay though...
I was looking at that as well. I am assuming it is just a trick of the camera. I have never seen a DW with lug splay like that.
It was secretly made by Ludwig

It may be the camera because in person I didn't see any lug splay and I've never had an issue with any DW snares having lug splay in the past and I've had quite a bit of them.

Back