Anyone using the Gibraltar Ultra Adjust Hi-Hat?

turbojerk

Just looking for opinions.... Looks interesting to me since I prefer 13'' hi-hats with a double pedal...

Thanks
T

1105469_4715_popup.jpg

Re: Anyone using the Gibralter Ultra Adjust Hi-Hat?

My experience with them is limited to having a quick stomp in a shop. But I remember it feeling pretty similar to me Pearl RH2000 cable hihat. Which feels like rubbish. If I were you I would just use a regular hihat stand and put your slave kick pedal to the left of the hihat pedal.

The poop that I have heard about the Gibraltar Ultra Adjust stand is that it works well but the cable tends to wear out and stick after about a year of regular play.
I have also played it for myself. I found it hard to adjust the elbows but lt did work pretty good.
It is a "just OK" stand and it works well but one must realize that there is maintenance on the cable that has to be performed from time to time.

So I actually picked up a Remote Speedy Hat not too long ago, and I'm quite happy. It plays fast and buttery smooth, and lives up to everything that it promises. Worth checking out. http://remotespeedyhat.com/

Ugh.....everyone that I have sold has been returned! LOL!!!

They aren't really THAT adjustable, the action is kind of weak, and yes, they wear out way too fast for my liking. Definitely look into getting a remote hi-hat stand from DW or Pearl instead. I think you'll be happier.

best regards,
-J

So I actually picked up a Remote Speedy Hat not too long ago, and I'm quite happy. It plays fast and buttery smooth, and lives up to everything that it promises. Worth checking out. http://remotespeedyhat.com/

I'll probably be ordering one of these as well. I currently have a DW9000 remote, but it just doesn't feel as nice as a normal hh stand.

I haven't heard many good thing about the gibraltar...

I currently have one of these collecting dust, it was great when i had another set of hats and positioned them behind and above my main set, while having the pedal very accessible. But as a main hi hat stand i would recommend passing on this one

Seems a bit pointless... It's essentially a remote hihat, but with much more limited positioning options. Might as well get a proper remote hihat, which you can then position wherever you like.

Or; as mentioned above, the remote speedy hat is another option that has gotten a lot of praise around here.

Wow, this Gibraltar hihat stand looks very cool! I also thought of Bill Bachman's Speedy Remote hihat stand. Oh, the cable wears out on the Gibraltar stand? That's good to know.

I might upgrade to a (Speedy) remote but for now I'll stick to my regular hihat stand (2 legs) - I don't have a positioning problem with a double pedal setup. You could experiment with the distance and angle between the pedals - just wide enough to allow one's knees to pass the snare. I do find it a bit difficult to position the hihat stand to find a really comfy spot allowing both normal operation and simultaneous use of the hihat & left pedal, in this situation the hihat cymbals could be a bit farther away. Here's where a remote type would come in handy.

Awesome!!

I started positioning my double pedal the same way (to the left of the HH stand) after Billy Ward showed me his set-up. Way more comfortable since my Hi-Hat cymbals are no longer a mile away from my snare drum. :D

yep i agree i love this set up works so well for me i was even thinking of getting the dw 5000 double pedal/ hi hat all in one thing but its expensive. this totally eliminates the need tor the ultra adjust though it may not work for everyone and you cant get a cobra clutch unless you want a big gap between the pedals, which kinda sucks because i relay wanted one before i went to this set up

Let the buyer beware...

I had one of these stands. After about 2 years of moderate use the cable broke. I e-mailed Gibraltar to order a replacement and they told me that they do not sell parts for this stand. I now have a rather pricy paperweight. You would think a company as reputable as Gibraltar would not leave their customers out in the cold. I'll NEVER buy another one of their products.

Update of my post from 09-14-2011:
Bought that Speedy Remote Hat (designed by Bill Bachman) and have been a happy user since - this thing works like a charm. I'm not in the market for remote hi-hat stands any longer.

Back