tom rack stands worth buying?

i have a bass drum that holds both my toms just fine, but with the way i sit, its hard to do fast fills any way i position the toms. i was thinking about buying tom stands, but i was worried about a few things.

asthenic: will my set look wonky with the base of the tom holder just sitting there

$: they might help, but enough for how much they cost

Last edited:
i have a bass drum that holds both my toms just fine, but with the way i sit, its hard to do fast fills any way i position the toms. i was thinking about buying tom stands, but i was worried about a few things.

asthenic: will my set look wonky with the base of the tom holder just sitting there

$: they might help, but enough for how much they cost

I use a double tom stand. Depending on what brand of drums you play you can take off the tom mount off of the drum and put a plate over it. I don't do this. i just have the mount on the drum. It looks fine. Positioning your drums so that they are comfortable can be the key to improving your playing.

I use a double tom stand. Depending on what brand of drums you play you can take off the tom mount off of the drum and put a plate over it. I don't do this. i just have the mount on the drum. It looks fine. Positioning your drums so that they are comfortable can be the key to improving your playing.

ok, thanks. since you have a stand, which one do you have? and is it any good?

I have a tama roadpro stand. it's pretty expensive. There are cheaper ones that will do the same thing for less money.. What size toms do you have? Look on ebay for used ones. I just got a boom stand for 45 bucks. :D

I have a tama roadpro stand. it's pretty expensive. There are cheaper ones that will do the same thing for less money.. What size toms do you have? Look on ebay for used ones. I just got a boom stand for 45 bucks. :D

i have a 12''x9 , and a 13''x10. and i would honestly check out ebay, but im only 15 and my parents are less than ecstatic to put their credit card on ebay

also, my tom mountings wont work with that stand. mine look like this

Attachments

• tom mount bracket.jpg
    tom mount bracket.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 216
aah pearl munts. use a pearl rack stand

I have a Mapex M birch kit that came with a couple Mapex cymbal stands. What I did was take the tom holder off the bass drum, remove the upper tube from one of the cymbal stands, and put the tom holder in the bottom part of the stand. Saved myself a ton of money and best of all it's very sturdy.

Like Soupy suggests, so your drums mount like this

Attachments

• 566719.jpg
    566719.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 138
+1 on Soupy's method / Harry's pic. I like hanging my toms off of cymbal stands. My toms are 12" and 13" too.

One of the biggest drawbacks to using a rack system is that they're really big and and they can be very cumbersome to maneuver on a tight stage or in a small space. Plus, it basically takes two to move one so you're not crashing it into everything. I'm not crazy about how they look either, but I agree that function comes first.

Back