Sonor 3007 Autumn Fade.

Awesome! which finish did you get? I would highly recommend Aquarian Super 2's coated or clear...awesome heads!

I'm hoping to find a 16" Floor tom to complete a 2 up 2 down set up. Might be a challenge finding the same finish.

Red Sparkle Black Fade, looks great. First thing I thought when I saw it was, "I'm not taking these things ANYWHERE until I get cases."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonor-Force-3007-16x13-Maple-Shell-Tom-Autumn-Fade-NEW-/280756540060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415e64d29c

16 x 13? I'm assuming 16 is the diameter. Probably not what you were looking for. But yeah, the kit is rockin'. Great price too. I'll check out those heads at the store.

I got Sonor 400 series single pedal and snare stand, 200 series high hat stand, 400 series throne is in the mail, still working on cymbal stands (400 series) and getting cymbals from either Byzance Traditional or Brilliant series.

Sonor really do make some of the best ply drums out there. If I were gigging every day I would feel utterly confident in a 'Force' set like your set performing day after day, year after year. They are very fine drums and I came very close a few years ago to buying a 3003 set. At the time, it was just a little too expensive and I was still at school so I couldn't justify it. I don't regret it hugely but had I had a real opportunity to buy the 3003, I would have.

I love my Tamburo Ash kit but the hardware just isn't as good as the Force series kits. I am a huge Sonor fan and have always been hugely impressed with what they put out. Put simply, unless you start paying twice as much for a kit (E.g. an SQ2) or you get something esoteric like stave or steambent, I just don't think you'll ever need to upgrade. They really are that good.
KHS. Same company that makes Mapex's shells. Did you know that?

The same factory, totally different shells and I've never found a Mapex finish that I really like.
Same quality though. You don't like my drums! :( Maybe you will like my next kit. :) What kind of finish are you looking for? They make quite a few.

I don't dislike your drums at all. Mapex make fine kits, just not for me. I played a brand new Meridian Birch a few weeks ago and it was an excellent kit. As a result I would have no hesitation in recommending them on a forum like this.

Finish-wise, the best finish I've seen on a kit (other than the Guru natural finishes, which is what I'm really after) is a black sparkle lacquer that Sonor did on the 3003 line. That whole line just spoke to me, the lugs were great too and even the white sparkle was very classy. The old Designer kits had the same appeal to me, particularly the green sparkle finishes and the ridiculously over-engineered tom post. I really liked the Designer line and I lusted after one for a very long time.

The only kit I want now is a Guru kit. I've had plenty of time playing them now and I've never heard anything like them before. I know what I'd order, too!

I don't dislike your drums at all. Mapex make fine kits, just not for me. I played a brand new Meridian Birch a few weeks ago and it was an excellent kit. As a result I would have no hesitation in recommending them on a forum like this.

Finish-wise, the best finish I've seen on a kit (other than the Guru natural finishes, which is what I'm really after) is a black sparkle lacquer that Sonor did on the 3003 line. That whole line just spoke to me, the lugs were great too and even the white sparkle was very classy. The old Designer kits had the same appeal to me, particularly the green sparkle finishes and the ridiculously over-engineered tom post. I really liked the Designer line and I lusted after one for a very long time.

The only kit I want now is a Guru kit. I've had plenty of time playing them now and I've never heard anything like them before. I know what I'd order, too!
Well get saving! :)

When I get a teaching job! Being a student is not conducive to buying a Guru set unfortunately!

The number of schools doesn't tend to change and only really goes up, so teaching jobs are fairly stable and recession-proof. Being a good teacher helps obviously so I'm trying the best that I can; I fear I'm too sarcastic for most eight-year olds though!

The number of schools doesn't tend to change and only really goes up, so teaching jobs are fairly stable and recession-proof. Being a good teacher helps obviously so I'm trying the best that I can; I fear I'm too sarcastic for most eight-year olds though!
You and me both. :) It is something we can both work at.

I just paid $600 through ebay a few months ago plus a reasonable shipping amount. Sold the snare for $100 and picked up a black panther. Overall, excellent deal.

Back