Building a drum cage ?

joshisaces

Gold Member
Has anyone ever built one before? What are the steps to building one? What will I need? How much do you think it'll all cost?

Doesn't seem as if it'd be massively difficult. Probably expensive though, simply because of all the soundproofing you'd have to buy.

Well, GC sells premade ones for 500, so I'm guessing maybe 200 to make it ? I could be way off though. There many different variables to consider, like what materials to use to sound proof it. Ductboard would help soundproof it better than foam, but plexiglass might work as well because it does what the other two don't. It helps the sound bounce back to the drummer which will prevent him (me most likely) from playing louder than he has to.

Well, GC sells premade ones for 500, so I'm guessing maybe 200 to make it ? I could be way off though. There many different variables to consider, like what materials to use to sound proof it. Ductboard would help soundproof it better than foam, but plexiglass might work as well because it does what the other two don't. It helps the sound bounce back to the drummer which will prevent him (me most likely) from playing louder than he has to.

The other thing about plexi is th@ you can get a type known as "clearview" which has soundproofing properties. I think it's wh@ you see the bands use for their practice studios.

Back