Finally - my Gretsch maple renown ARRIVED!

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
Here she is – the most beautiful kit I’ve ever owned. Can’t wait to let fly on her this weekend.

Gretsch maple renown in satin black finish
10” x 5” timbale (cut down pearl forum tom)
13” x 9” tom
16” x 16” tom
24” x 16” bass
14” x 6.5” steel free floating snare
14” x 5” maple and zebrano free floating snare (not pictured) alternative
14” x 5” brass free floating snare (not pictured) alternative
10” cowbell

Droooool

ps: the last pic is the kids kit - daddy doesn't just spoil himself.

Attachments

• oo.jpg
    oo.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,737
  • ooop.jpg
    ooop.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,648
  • ooooooooooo.jpg
    ooooooooooo.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,730
  • ooooooooooooooooo.jpg
    ooooooooooooooooo.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 1,688
  • oooooooo.jpg
    oooooooo.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,627
  • oooooo.jpg
    oooooo.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,718
  • oooo.jpg
    oooo.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 2,223
  • ooo.jpg
    ooo.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,685
thanks guys. to complete her i would like to afford something like this:
guruzebranomdcomdec2010.jpg

Gotta love some Gretsch Renowns. Very nice Nutha. Big too!!!

Wow! If I didn't already have a maple kit, I would score a set of those in a heartbeat. Great sizes, finish, etc..

Congrats. Enjoy.

Very nice. Love the Renowns. Probably the best, most affordable maple kit on the market from a big name company. Like the Yellow Submarine rug too!

played her for the first time last night. er...is it wrong to fall in love with an inanimate object?
The toms are so clean and warm but not lacking in projection. i used no mufling on them at all. unmiced they filled the club with punch.

but the bass drum ...hmmmmmm mmm. with such a large vellum i was able to tune quite high without losing bottom end. no hole in the front and just some felt strips and one small pillow to stop feedback from close micing. she has incredible volume - even when the mic fader was bumped down accidentaly in the second set - she still cut through. phat and wet but with a little hum of warmth after the initial attack. the perfect all round rock bass drum sound.
j

What a gorgeous kit! Congrats! I love the matte black finish. Really sharp.

I am a recent Renown owner as well. I bought mine used in cherry burst finish. I agree that they sound warm and really punchy too. I love every detail about these drums from the lugs to the brackets, the spurs, the hoops, claws, memory locks...everything.

For my money (literally), Renown is the best bang for your buck kit. If someone offered me a trade for a DW Performance I would say no thanks.

I also have a Catalina Club Jazz. Gretsch rules.

congrats. great lookin kit ...gretsch + paiste = total goodness

i like the cut down tom for timbale.. maybe a stupid Q but.....how do people do that? by sawing along a line or a larger saw?? or giving it to a pro

as you know guru - i am a fane of zebrano. i also saw a drum you made called a charlie brown snare? looked really cool.

attachment.php
I like that zebrano shell on a pearl free floating frame = nice. I'm a big fan of the Pearl FF. As a live "cut through anything" snare, it's pretty tough to beat. Hardware quality is superb for the money :)

Back