What's the best double pedal for $200 or less?

Chibigoat

Probably getting new pedals for christmas and I want them to be the best I can get. I'd really like longboards but I don't think there are any under 200.

I'd imagine Amazon would be my best bet for pedals since they have a lot of discounts. So far I've been thinking about the Pearl P902 power shifter, it's around $150 and has really good reviews http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002HTRJVU/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1356030197&sr=1-1&pi=SL75

Thoughts on that pedal? If not what would be best? Best brand to look for?

Doing this on my phone so it's a pain to search the forums and such, also keeping it pretty short because of that. I play metal, like Lamb of God, Gojira and that sort of noise.

look on ebay for a used set you might be able to get the axis for 200-250 on there. Same goes for any other top end pedal.

Probably getting new pedals for christmas and I want them to be the best I can get. I'd really like longboards but I don't think there are any under 200.

I'd imagine Amazon would be my best bet for pedals since they have a lot of discounts. So far I've been thinking about the Pearl P902 power shifter, it's around $150 and has really good reviews http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002HTRJVU/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1356030197&sr=1-1&pi=SL75

Thoughts on that pedal? If not what would be best? Best brand to look for?

Doing this on my phone so it's a pain to search the forums and such, also keeping it pretty short because of that. I play metal, like Lamb of God, Gojira and that sort of noise.

I have the same pedal on my e-kit and it is fatastic, responsive and powerful, it you are real aggressive or bury your beaters then you might want to think double chain, but for a single is is extremely well built. Pearl has some of the best drive shafts on double bass pedals in the industry.

I'd say go used. But if you went new I'd say Cobra Jr. or P902. I had both both but the P902 is just fantastic. They're both very adjustable but something about the P902 just felt smoother no matter how I adjusted. The Jr (and real cobra's) always fought with me when I'd play.

If you live in the US check Craigslist. I saw a dw 5000 double pedal for $200. You may be able to find a speed cobra used for that to.

I really like the 900's/902's, probably the best in that price bracket.

I use pearl p902. Even though I have a tama set these pedals are very good for the price. Check them out

The single pedal I used before I got my 2002 Eliminator double pedal was a 900 series pedal. It was fantastic. I think it is probably the best single chain pedal you could buy, along with the Iron Cobra Jr, and at this price you are probably looking at single chain

Back