Happy New Year! Post your resolution...

jerry

mine is to get better on the drums .i whant to learn more and get to new levels in 2009.i am going to get uncomfortable and reach for new goals .learn all styles of music.

Re: any new year resolutions ?

Yes to quit buying so many drum sets.I retire in 8 months from 30 years with the Dept of Defense.I need to everything situated and get ready for my golden years.

mine is to get better on the drums .i whant to learn more and get to new levels in 2009.i am going to get uncomfortable and reach for new goals .learn all styles of music.

I agree I must stop buying too. I'm too old and need to save for my daughters college tuition.

Also, get weight off again, and again, and again, and again. :)

Check into cymbal rehab.

I'm married to a nice set of Zildjians but I'm looking at Bosphorus, Istanbul, Alchemy, AGOP, Skibas and Spizzis like I'm ready to cheat.

No more percussion until I get a bigger drum room.

Djembes, bongos, maracas, tambourines, jingle rings, jam blocks, cowbells.
I actually started looking at congas and timbales last week. NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Yes to quit buying so many drum sets.I retire in 8 months from 30 years with the Dept of Defense.I need to everything situated and get ready for my golden years.
yes me too i have one more kit being made and thats it .its a gretsch usa cutom kit ,it will be here in a month or two

Check into cymbal rehab.

I'm married to a nice set of Zildjians but I'm looking at Bosphorus, Istanbul, Alchemy, AGOP, Skibas and Spizzis like I'm ready to cheat.

No more percussion until I get a bigger drum room.

Djembes, bongos, maracas, tambourines, jingle rings, jam blocks, cowbells.
I actually started looking at congas and timbales last week. NO NO NO NO NO NO!

yes i have a set of congas i bought for my wife .she is learning how to play them .i am going to get her a jazz kit as well and teach her how to play drums as well.

after I get my new hi-hats, ride, and hi-hat clutch, I resolve to stop buying drum gear for a while (except to replace broken heads/sticks) so I can save up enough money to buy a car before my 18th birthday in June.

man, walking/biking almost everywhere sucks... especially when it's cold out! at least my dad lets me borrow his truck so I don't have to walk about 30 miles to work...

after I get my new hi-hats, ride, and hi-hat clutch, I resolve to stop buying drum gear for a while (except to replace broken heads/sticks) so I can save up enough money to buy a car before my 18th birthday in June.

man, walking/biking almost everywhere sucks... especially when it's cold out! at least my dad lets me borrow his truck so I don't have to walk about 30 miles to work...

right on man.what kind of car?

right on man.what kind of car?

I'm just looking for something that has an automatic transmission, runs well, doesn't guzzle gas, has enough room for my drums when I go to gigs, and isn't going to break down on me. also, it needs to cost no more than $2000 (give or take)

it doesn't need to be a Ferrari, I just need a CAR!!! haha

I'm just looking for something that has an automatic transmission, runs well, doesn't guzzle gas, has enough room for my drums when I go to gigs, and isn't going to break down on me. also, it needs to cost no more than $2000 (give or take)

it doesn't need to be a Ferrari, I just need a CAR!!! haha

yes anything to get from a to b would be good .wel good luck man.drums are my life

About 7 hours early, since many of us won't be online tonight, I thought we should share a little new years cheer and resolutions before the alcohol comes out. Share what you're doing this new year, along with any resolutions or goals you might have for 2009. (as well as any drum gear you hope to buy)

Personally, I'm going to be training as much as possible for a marathon in the summer. I'm also trying to run a 5:45 mile. Wish me luck.

Obviously, many of you will be drinking tonight, so remember not to drive. I don't want to hear of any horror stories...

About 7 hours early, since many of us won't be online tonight, I thought we should share a little new years cheer and resolutions before the alcohol comes out. Share what you're doing this new year, along with any resolutions or goals you might have for 2009. (as well as any drum gear you hope to buy)

Personally, I'm going to be training as much as possible for a marathon in the summer. I'm also trying to run a 5:45 mile. Wish me luck.

Obviously, many of you will be drinking tonight, so remember not to drive. I don't want to hear of any horror stories...

Along with reading more on my investments...I want to practice more on the kit as well. As for tonight no drinking for me!

Good luck on the training, ironcobra!

My new year's resolution is going to be to lay off of sugar. I don't have any health issues or weight problems or anything, but I want to quit while I'm ahead. I usually have some kind of soft drink or ice cream or something sugary every day. I want to cut down on it, though. Maybe 2x a week. It won't be considered a "new year's resolution", though, because I'm starting after all of the Christmas fudge is gone, and that will take another couple of weeks...

Good luck on the training, ironcobra!

My new year's resolution is going to be to lay off of sugar. I don't have any health issues or weight problems or anything, but I want to quit while I'm ahead. I usually have some kind of soft drink or ice cream or something sugary every day. I want to cut down on it, though. Maybe 2x a week. It won't be considered a "new year's resolution", though, because I'm starting after all of the Christmas fudge is gone, and that will take another couple of weeks...

Having cut out all junk from my diet, I can assure you that you'll feel much better, even if no health concerns are apparent. Good luck!

Well, 2009 is just 42 minutes old here in Holland and I am already at home on Drummerworld, ready to go to bed (my wife has to work in the morning, so no parties for us). I wish you all the best for the new year, drumwise and otherwise.

My year will start great, 25th of january will be my first time ever in a band, I will play my first service in Church then. Around that time should be my first drum lessons too. And I think that this year I will be able to upgrade all my cymbals to pro-level cymbals.

My resolution is to practice more. I've been lazy as hell, resting on my laurels and reputation. I think my drumming stinks. So more focused practicing. I've got a fairly high-profile gig coming up in February with my band and I want to play really, really well.
My other resolution is to work up some solo stuff. I want to do a drum solo on one of my tunes, a good one. I haven't done a drum solo in years and years, man. I intend to do one at the February gig.
So more practice, and working up some hip solo stuff. Those are my two resolutions. Oh, and my wife wants me to quit smoking, but let's put first things first.

well, since I haven't been here in about a year, #1 is to hang here more!! #2 get back to practicing, I have been spending the last year on my career (no I won't be a pro drummer)
Happy New Year to all, I look forward to spending some forum time with you all!!

Back