Forum Down ....but now Up and restored...

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
The forum databank was corrupt and errors occured....

We had to restore and took the database from last Wednesday - so some Discussions, threads and post are lost definitively.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Bernhard

Thanks a lot for your effort and dedication Bernhard :)

It's nice to be back, even if we did loose a few days worth of threads and posts, it's better this way than no forum at all.

For those who lost their threads, if you remember them, or if you have saved them on your PC, you can upload them again, we'll have our "groundhog day" phase for a couple days :)

Again, well done Bernhard ;-))

Last edited:
You know what, I've found and killed some older spam (I have a Word document to collect those usernames and thread/post links but do delete them once the respective users have been wiped away). And guess what, I don't remember all of those, haha.
I've learned a lesson - I'll keep previous versions of that Word document, just in case ;-)

Glad the forum is up and running again. I'm sure many of us were dearly missing it.

To Bernhard and the rest who run the forum, I really appreciate the efforts you have to put in to fight of all the spam and BS that is constantly directed here. I am sure it takes a huge effort to keep this up and running while having to fight through all that crap. My hats off to all of you and the job you do! Thanks for having me as a member.

The forum databank was corrupt and errors occured....

We had to restore and took the database from last Wednesday - so some Discussions, threads and post are lost definitively.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Bernhard

Ah, ok.

I just noticed everything I had posted in the last week was suddenly gone.

That explains it!

Every now and then it happens - something goes bung and you have to restore from a previous backup. Arky, good to see that you picked up some more spammers in the process - every now and then the sly ones slip by. Thanks for the efforts, Bernhard. I'm sure you didn't need the glitches!

Thanks got getting the forum back up speedily last night, I was about to start getting withdrawal symptoms haha, I also discovered in the period that the forum was down that my life gets pretty boring when I cant lurk on here, maybe that's a bad thing.

Anyway I'm glad the forums back up now :)

Seems to be a lot less posts at the moment since the "re-boot". Everyone being cautious in case their thread goes missing again perhaps?

Thanks for the efforts by all and the patience of the members

vbulletin apparently has a lot of issues keeping it's databases straight... I've seen this a few times here, and on other forums using the same thing. This database can't be all that big, so I would normally recommend nightly backups rather than weekly, but I'm sure there are reasons.

On that note, I fix computers and servers as a day-job, and if Bernhard ever needs any additional technical consultation that can't/won't be handled by server-farm staff, all he needs to do is ask. I wouldn't dream of charging to help out a free site I used every day.

On that note, I fix computers and servers as a day-job, and if Bernhard ever needs any additional technical consultation that can't/won't be handled by server-farm staff, all he needs to do is ask. I wouldn't dream of charging to help out a free site I used every day.

That's a very kind and generous offer Doc, much appreciated :)

Back