the Beatles or Korn

Re: the bealtes or korn

Not to be rude, but how do we compare a band who invented the modern concept of a pop band, to a rap-metal band who has borrowed from The Beatles. YOu simpally cant say one is better then the other.
I know this is old but I have to reply:

Korn are not a rap metal band, they're the godfathers of the shit concept called NU-METAL.
Not necessarily needing rapping but there was a couple of bands who used it (Limp Bizkit, (hed) p.e.), Nu-Metal took the old school riffs of rock and metal, removed the solos (as many bands thought they were cheesy) and installed a DJ to add some hip hop "flavour".

Korn isn't really "rap-metal"....I personally think that's the dumbest term ever used to describe music and still for the life of me CANNOT figure out where it came from or wtf it means. Those two do NOT mix, no matter what. Rap is rap and metal is metal.
You have metal music with rapping over the top.

To rap is to talk.

Want a diagram?

Korn are not a rap metal band, they're the godfathers of the shit concept called NU-METAL.
Not necessarily needing rapping but there was a couple of bands who used it (Limp Bizkit, (hed) p.e.), Nu-Metal took the old school riffs of rock and metal, removed the solos (as many bands thought they were cheesy) and installed a DJ to add some hip hop "flavour".
You have metal music with rapping over the top.

To rap is to talk.

Want a diagram?
And the great pontificator has spoken. All bow down.

This argument is ridiculous. Korn taught the Beatles everything they know. Everything that made the Beatles famous was a direct ripoff of Korn. Just look at the two bands. It's as obvious as that big scratch on your bass drum.

Yeah and Procal Harum inspired Bach....... Oh wait...

Think about it

Everyone else knows it was...
I knew full well it was sarcasm...

frost said:
I want to see him draw the diagram.
...And that was my attempt at it.

the guy asked said rap and metal don't mix, they do and if he didn't see that, he'd need a diagram drawing.

Metal's a pretty open minded genre and whilst shit like Limp Bizkit and (hed) p.e. seem to be the lowest form of mixing rap and metal, Anthrax and Public Enemy did it pretty well.
So did bands like Senser, Clawfinger, Rage Against The Machine, Orange 9.mm.

Nu-Metal,on the other hand just took the best points of metal (guitar solos) and made it a large baggy trousered whingy mess.

This has officially become my favorite thread on this forum! lol Somebody really should sticky this! haha

Oh! And i'm not a fan of either band, however i am a fan of Ray Luzier. Just my 2 cents worth.

Metal's a pretty open minded genre and whilst shit like Limp Bizkit and (hed) p.e. seem to be the lowest form of mixing rap and metal, Anthrax and Public Enemy did it pretty well.
So did bands like Senser, Clawfinger, Rage Against The Machine, Orange 9.mm.

Nu-Metal,on the other hand just took the best points of metal (guitar solos) and made it a large baggy trousered whingy mess.
Hm, where's the open-mindedness? :)

I LOVE KORN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who the F are the Beetels???

Why is it called Nu metal anyway?

Isn't nu like a greek letter or something...

Glad you asked! At first it was going to be called "knu metal" but the silent k was too confusing.

It's because misspelling words is cool yo, rebellious puberty induced angst at its best.

Back