What do you drink?

As an avid brewer I love a really nice beer. I love well balanced IPA's, for the most part the bigger the better. Long gone are the days where I drink in quantity so one or two good beers is all I need and I am good for the night. Occasionally I'll have a bourbon drink of some sort, but I rarely drink cocktails when I am out. I can make a better Manhattan or Old Fashioned than most any bartender, so when I order bourbon on the town it's usually neat.

Well this is pretty obvious for me since I cant drink Alcohol... Pepsi max! If not that just any good old softdrink or J20.

Schmoopy I really feel for you on that one. On the rare gig when I'm not in a drinking mood I'll just drink a bunch of water and maybe a club soda... although that's usually because i'm hungover from the night before.

Macallan is a great whisky, nice taste. I had quite some while I was in Dunecht. In addition, a good Glennfiddich and Glenn Morangie as well. About beer, McEwans export.

You're my kind of guy, Ian. Have you tried Laphroiag? Macallan's, and Morangie are great too. Margaritas and Mohito's get me real happy too, though Mohito's can sometimes be too sweet.

Beers, two light ones at best. Preferably not from Milwaukee .

I live in Russia and people here drink really much.
I liked beer and nice cold vodka with delicious snacks.
Drinks are really cheap here and there are no age restrictions for alcohol, so like I was soaked into this right in childhood and had tasted all kinds of drinks. Always getting drunk, not because some drinks are nice, just because getting drunk is something "usual".

I began experiencing some health problems when I got 19 and now I don't drink anything, but beverages. And I'm really glad. At least I can spend my money on drums, not on harming myself.
But it's really painfull to see all the kids get drunk at gigs and at streets. Wish I could message myself to the past.

"Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier"

In Heaven there is no beer.....that's why we drink it here.

Since I'm from the St. Louis area i drink the Bud Light, but I also love me some margarita's.

"Ich bin der Kaiser selbst in mienem unterhosen".

I'm the king even in my underwear. What King Wilhelm said to a British diplomat who was being shy about walking into his chambers to discuss state matters.

Thought I'd throw that in.

Never been a mixed drink guy.

Beer is my social lubricant of choice. But i'm not one to go drink 12 beers in a night. 2 or 3 really deep, interesting beers will satisfy my thirst for a night. Some of my favorites?

- Founders Breakfast Stout
- Harpoon IPA
- Stone Ruination
- St. Bernardus Abt 12

I'm lucky enough to have some killer beer bars around the area.

But for when I have a gig, one before the set, one while on stage. Anything else effects playing.

I come from a little place called ireland....its famous for three things Irish dancing,U2 and drinking.So when i drink i drink ......water.i have never drank in my life and never will just not for me.

No, I haven't but I will try Laphroiag for sure. Margaritas - like them a lot!....give some.

You're my kind of guy, Ian. Have you tried Laphroiag? Macallan's, and Morangie are great too. Margaritas and Mohito's get me real happy too, though Mohito's can sometimes be too sweet.

Beers, two light ones at best. Preferably not from Milwaukee .

dr. pepper and an ass load of water......

stopped drinking alcohol, wake up in the middle of one twisted midget orgy and you'll stop too......

What! Nobody has mentioned PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) yet? The official cheap beer of live music venues (dive bars) across the land? It slays me that they use that in their commercials. Doesn't matter, I have a pony keg mounted above my kit feeding it to me via beer bong because like Jay said, it's just a soda pop beer.
Beer (Absolutely anything but Bud....that's NOT beer!!)
Bud is an acquired taste, my friend. I suspect it's like vegemite. Anyway, PBR is just one step below Budweiser...

Bud is an acquired taste, my friend. I suspect it's like vegemite. Anyway, PBR is just one step below Budweiser...

I'll sit down and get trashed on either a Millers or a Coors with you mate (that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge of US brewing though), but I'll leave the Buds to you guys in the Land of the Free.

Let me know if you're ever in Melbourne, Mike and i'll take you on a 'REAL' beer discovery venture. We love the stuff Downunder....the worlds finest brews are proudly displayed in almost every bottle shop......and there's is a bottle shop on almost every corner. We could get lost for months on this outing!!

Vegemite......Ha. LMAO!!

Let me know if you're ever in Melbourne, Mike and i'll take you on a 'REAL' beer discovery venture. We love the stuff Downunder...
Hey, now there's a reason to go to the other side of the planet! I'd love to have you show me the sights until I can't see them anymore. Come to think of it, that's what happened to me last time I was down-under (Perth '89).

Yeah, the Bud gets a bad rap, dunnit? Okay, it sucks, we all know that. But it's our shitty beer! I see it like this: anyone can like a good beer, but it takes a real beer lover to like a bad beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
Sad thing, back in the 60s and early 70s when PBR was back in Baltimore, MD USA it was a different beer. It was good. and the Premium version called National Bohemium was really good... Something else that isn't good anymore since it left Baltimore..! Colts! @:-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
Bud is an acquired taste, my friend. I suspect it's like vegemite.
Great way to explain it to an Aussie ; )!
Yes Indeed..

Magners cider, love the stuff.

but i dont drink often which is strange for an 18 year old

Where's the milk?

I have always wondered what the effects of alcohol are on drumming performance.

Is it okay to drink an energy drink before a gig? Mike Portnoy does!

Back