What do you drink?

Red Menace

Platinum Member
Ok, so I gig quite a bit these days. A WHOLE lot more that I have in the past. I've begun to notice things about people, both the way they react to music and, because we only preform in establishments that serve booze, the way that the sauce affects that reaction.

...Not only that but I notice the was people drink. I've spent every weekend in a bar since my band started gigging and I notice that certain people drink a certain drink. Those that frequent bars less don't really have this habit but I've begun to wonder WHY they drink what they drink...

My point: WHAT do you order when you when you go out and more importantly WHY?

To begin: I like Miller Light on draft, If they don't have it then I'll go with bud light. I drink those because they're unionized breweries. I used to drink miller with my brother and his friends when he went to college so its long been my favorite. I usually drive, as my girlfriend can't drive my truck but when I want a shot I like Jack. I like jack because I thought it was what the real gritty musicians drink, Slash drank it, I suppose the fancy just stuck. When I'm feeling cheap I get well whiskey.

What about you?

I keep a well stocked bar at home with a little of everything, so when I go out I like to order something I don't normally have.

If it's beer, I'll go with a draught of a beer I haven't had before.

I prefer Bourbon. There are many to try.

I don't like to get drunk in bars.

If you want to go broke, get drunk in bars.

If you want to go broke faster, get drunk in airport bars.

;-)

I like beer, so I like to try different things.

If I'm at a restaurant, really depends on the type of restaurant and what I plan on eating.

I consider "My Drink" Scotch, Preferably Johnny Walker Red.

I will have a Margarita too.

I never drink to the point of intoxication anymore, even at home. usually one or two drinks.

I used to be a problem drinker when I played in the eighties. Took me out of the music scene, so I am very careful now..

Plain water, black coffee, green tea on a daily basis.

I enjoy drinking to a certain limit - If it's hot and dry, cold beer. At home with my family, I like to taste a good cup of red wine, white wine in between meals or snacks and sometimes a rum on the rocks.

After my grandmother passed away, my grandfather moved to the Caribbean to get away.

When visiting, about all that is down there is rum, because it's locally made, while anything else is imported. And the price difference between local rum and imported anything else was big. So rum became my drink of choice (when not playing that is, I don't mixed the two), simply due to circumstances, and that's what I got used to.

Although lately, someone introduced me to Sweet Tea Vodka, which when mixed with a nice lemonade is a very refreshing and tasty drink. But good luck finding that in the average bar.

My drink is an A.M.F. I drink it because it's tasty and it gets me there quickly. If my drink vouchers only count towards beer and bottom-shelf well drinks, and I can't shmooze the bartender into upgrading, then I'll have either a hefeweizen or a spiced rum and coke.

I drink straight vodka on ice when I'm at home and I'm not driving. I like the mid priced vodkas. I don't like the expensive ones. I like my hard liquor to have some bite. 6 oz's during an evening usually does it for me. (OK, Sometimes 8 to 10 oz's) LOL! I can't lie to you guys, You're my friends!
If I go out, I drink beer. I like most high end beers. I don't drink a lot when I am out. I only have three or four during the evening.
If I am gigging, I drink only one or two beers during the eve. Usually only one.
I drink sports drinks instead. I had a stroke about five years ago and It is hard for me to play if I drink too much. I'm 53 years old.

I don't drink much, but the ladyfriend and I probably empty a bottle of wine once per month. On the odd occasion that I go to a party, I tend to drink vodka drinks (usually red bull or orange juice), but that's probably at most once every two months these days. As for drumming, I never drink and play. I have a red bull before the show, and then another one during the show (plus gallons of water), and that's about it.

Well this is pretty obvious for me since I cant drink Alcohol... Pepsi max! If not that just any good old softdrink or J20.

Very little alcohol passes my lips, it's too strong of a drug for me. It bloats me, and takes it's toll on me the next day. Forget playing on alcohol.
Just a light beer if anything for me, maybe once every 2 months....I get drunk maybe once a year on harder stuff, only because it is fun...And after I barf I'm good for another year ha ha

i suppose it's mostly heineken, but the stuff can be pretty expensive. And yes. quite stupid to get drunk in pubs, better to go in while your on your way :). Maybe 4000mils or so vodka, then just a few pints. But then again, i'm young and it won't get me for another while, so i down a good few shots.

At the same time, i hate people who just get into fights, and really just drink so much that they forget about life. Being able to wake up the next morning and rembering atleat half of the night is good enough for me. I know too many people who never remember how they got that billboard sign in their front garden :)

but playing? Maybe a few botles to fit in you know, but don't want to be imparred

i suppose it's mostly heineken, but the stuff can be pretty expensive. And yes. quite stupid to get drunk in pubs, better to go in while your on your way :). Maybe 4000mils or so vodka, then just a few pints. But then again, i'm young and it won't get me for another while, so i down a good few shots.

What? 4 litres of vodka!? :-o

EH doesn't really drink much but i do enjoy the odd drop of JD or vodka mixed in with something like ginger ale or pepsi on occasion. I don't really do beer or anything. Maybe the odd glass of cider if i'm in a club but that's about it really.

What? 4 litres of vodka!? :-o

EH doesn't really drink much but i do enjoy the odd drop of JD or vodka mixed in with something like ginger ale or pepsi on occasion. I don't really do beer or anything. Maybe the odd glass of cider if i'm in a club but that's about it really.

that was actually a mistake, but come to think of it......i am that hard! :)

First choice is always coffee for me, but I guess the question was more towards alcohol....
so..... wine with dinner - red or white depending on the dish, though I've been liking the sparkling red (shiraz) or white (pinot/chardonnay) more lately... I don't drink alcohol before the evening - it just wipes me out too much nowadays. In hot weather I'm still a kid so I drink cordial (red drink) :).

I just drink very cheap beer, Natural Light. It's just soda pop beer. I had to give up serious beer and the harder stuff a long time ago.

When I'm out I'll drink Bud Light or whatever light beer is available. I can't even drink wine anymore, although I may have a glass of good wine with dinner on rare occassions, and on Christmas my wife allows me a half-pint bottle of Jack Daniel's. I pour a little of it in the eggnog.

I haven't had a mixed drink or a glass of champagne in many years. Some times there will be the occassional shooter, but only if someone buys me one. No, for the most part I just stick to the soda pop beer.

I generally don't drink when I'm gigging. When at home I always have various inexpensive bourbons on hand. I drink bourbon and diet coke. When I go out, I like to drink beer. I can drink beer all night and never really get drunk. Bud Light Lime is one of my favorites. Most would say that's a girly beer but my taste buds would beg to differ.

Single Malt Whiskey. Macallan preferably, but I enjoy most of them.

Last edited:
Beer (Absolutely anything but Bud....that's NOT beer!!)
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam (only if there's no Jack)
Vodka
Wine (mostly red, but white on a rare occasion)
Champagne (As long as it's French)
I've also been known to put away Kahlua and milk and I'm partial to a port round a camp fire.

Macallan is a great whisky, nice taste. I had quite some while I was in Dunecht. In addition, a good Glennfiddich and Glenn Morangie as well. About beer, McEwans export.

Single Malt Whiskey. Macallan preferably, but I enjoy most of them.

Back